how's my fantasy team doing

tcookie

Well, Riga is struggling still and I have no ideas to write about for VHL.com today and I need to get this update in soon, so hey. I've decided to take a look at my fantasy picks for the year so far..

F - Dakota Lamb (Warsaw) - 14 goals, 41 assists, 55 points, 93 hits, 22 SB
I thought Lamb would be more of a goal scorer but he's been the setup man for Aloe Dear and Chris Reynolds instead. Still, can't complain with 55 points in 38 games plus playing pretty physical. Another good season so far for the big-time scorer.

F - Taro Tsujimoto (Davos) - 19 goals, 23 assists, 42 points, 154 hits, 20 SB
Davos is still struggling, worse than I thought to be honest. I expected that after a step up to 92 points with 234 hits last season, and likely playing a lot as Davos' best player, this would be a big year for Taro. It hasn't been, but still a decent fantasy season thanks to the hits, I think.

F - SS Hornet (Toronto) - 17 goals, 24 assists, 41 points, 144 hits, 14 SB
I keep picking Hornet in fantasy but I guess Davos and Toronto have been cursed. Another player producing kind of like Taro, near-PPG with a bunch of hits, so not a bad fantasy season but not a great one.

D - Latrell Mitchell (New York) - 8 goals, 29 assists, 37 points, 134 hits, 86 SB
I was a bit underwhelmed as I looked up the stats, but now I'm realizing that most of the defensemen outscoring him aren't nearly as physical, so there's that. I expected a little more offense, but Mitchell is still a stud.

D - L (Chicago) - 11 goals, 24 assists, 35 points, 138 hits, 101 SB
L is putting up similar numbers to Mitchell, with couple more goals instead of assists, which is worth more in fantasy so hey. As the last skater I picked for my team this season, I am pretty happy with the production.

G - Rara Rasputin (Seattle) - 26-6-3 record, 0 SO, 1148 saves on 1260 shots (0.911 SV%)
A little surprised Rasputin hasn't put up any shutouts yet especially on that team. But hey, wins get points so I'll take it. Maybe there are some shutouts to come in the second half of the season.

Overall, I feel like I have a bunch of players having fairly good fantasy seasons here but nobody really having a great one. The teams that win are probably going to have some fantasy studs like Aloe Dear, Onde Sandstrom, Christian Mingle, Chris Hylands... I don't feel like this is a league-winning team but maybe with some luck a solid mid-pack finish.