Lemieux's off season

hockeyis66

“Two big things this offseason for me is going to have a little bit of a mental break and relaxation and secondly, still being able to train and get myself ready for the next season.  Going to take some time and just relax at the beach and not worry about anything hockey related for a week or two.  Catch up on some shows, take some time to read, play board games and stuff like that just to recharge my mind and mental state for the upcoming season.   I am also going to be doing a lot of yoga too as I hired myself a private instructor which will keep my mind clear and muscles stretched.”

“As for the physical part, its going to be a lot of skating and a lot of drills of passing, shooting, fighting for the puck in the corners, defensive work and carry the puck up the ice to avoid traps.  I will probably be doing 2 to 3 different sessions a day once I get back on the ice as well as hitting the weight room to continue to strengthen my body and build muscle to contend with the bigger, stronger, faster players in the VHL.  I am also working with a nutritionist to make sure I am eating healthy to compliment by workouts and making sure I am getting calories and protein.”