The Grand Hype Train Rollout

Gustav

Hello, everyone. This week's media spot will be a master class in speed-writing.

Yes, I know the update deadline is midnight PST, but as this league's resident idiot, I'm going to challenge myself to come up with something interesting and write about it in the 25 minutes that I have before midnight EST. And, to improve upon things even more, I'm going to try to do that without an intro that shows off my bad case of diarrhea of the word processor. Let's get into it.

I'd like to take this opportunity to officially announce the imminent arrival of the Davos Hype Train to VHL Central Station, a bit behind schedule but back as we hoped it would be in good time. Last time it came around, it took off really quickly, so here's hoping it sticks around a little bit longer this time. 

So why am I talking about the Davos hype train, you might ask? Last season, we finished 15th in the standings and I (almost) repeated my old league record of coming in last three times in a row (though many may argue that the first time wasn't my fault). At the moment, a casual observer would take note of the fact that we have a crowded roster and not many great, fully-developed individuals to boost it. And you'd be correct. 

However, also at the moment, there's a little secret behind-the-scenes work I've been doing in coordinating with other GMs...and though I guarantee nothing, and nothing is finalized yet, I am close enough to working some things out that I feel comfortable in coming out and boldly stating that Davos plans to be competitive this season. Specific details will be withheld, for obvious reasons--but you'll find out soon enough.

Long story short, it is not guaranteed but likely that I will have at least a decent roster on paper for this season, and it is further not guaranteed but at the very least possible that I will have a decent record. 

LIVE UPDATE: Step 1 to Operation Get Good has been confirmed to be on its way through as we speak. Buckle your seatbelts.

So, there we have it. Right after (or possibly before) you read this, you'll likely stumble upon a nice little trade thread in which I'm being called an idiot for doing what I did in the way I did it. Rest assured that it is, in my opinion, the right move to make--and perhaps the only thing I could possibly do as a starting point. If you remember the issues I mentioned earlier--those being with roster space and developed players and a certain excess of one and lack of the other, I'll be putting through a move in which someone is paid handsomely to give me a solid building block and take a lot of a certain crowded-roster issue off my hands. 

Whether you like us or hate us, a potential climb up the ladder by the Dynamo this season should be something to look out for (and possibly ridicule me for if it doesn't work, but that's something for another day). Anyway, I'm over 500 words, and it's 11:59, so let's get this hype train rolling.

I remember my speed writing days when I did media spots. Pro tip: if you really, really don't feel like doing a PT, do welfare instead. I burnt myself out that way.

Anyway, I think the decision to bring in help was a decent one, Laine will help your forward core pretty massively as it was honestly pretty lacklustre. Will be interesting to see how things turn out for Davos next season. Getting rid of the excess players you had is sure to help with the cap as well. 10/10 article