Hex Rose: A Blossomed VHL Vet

Hex Universe

What a crazy, wild ride it has been for me so far...
Coming from humble and even rough beginnings growing up and working past mental issues to reach the VHL system. It's kinda strange knowing that I am now getting out of the "new" player tag essentially and am now considered a veteran. Seeing the new stars of tomorrow coming in and beginning to make an impact. 

WHAT HAS HAPPENED...
My time in both the VHLM and VHL has been nothing short of amazing, from both the experience of playing to the many wonderful members of the community I have met along the way. I came in quite honestly not knowing what the hell I was doing lol. I just knew I wanted to make my presence felt and known. I wanted to accomplish as much as possible. In that time I became a sought after First Gen prospect, to a Top 10 VHL draft pick, to now veteran of an incredible Seattle Bears team with a Cup ring already on my hand. I have gotten to play with some of the best this league has to offer and I've always taken the opportunity to play as much as possible. I've been truly blessed as a player and I can't wait for what the future has in store.

WHAT I'VE LEARNED...
From my experiences over the last four seasons since I entered the system, I've learned quite a number of things from some of the most knowledgeable and well-respected members in the league. As a player, we all want to be the biggest star in the league, but we also need to understand that it's likely not gonna happen. What I've learned is embrace the role that you are in, no matter how small it may be. Those little roles could mean a massive difference in your future and for the better. Take any shot you can to make your presence felt, because others will take notice no matter what. Give it your all, and never back down from something new and/or challenging.

HELPING THE NEXT GENERATION...
Now, at the time of writing this, there is only one player younger than me on the Seattle Bears, and that is Nixon Caldwell, a S77 draftee. We talk on occasion and I really started to realize that I am going from a rookie player to a veteran from these conversations with him. Helping him with things here or there has been really good for me and I've enjoyed seeing how he has applied my advice to him over this season. It was similar advice to what was given to me when I was a rookie. This is what made me realize that I am now a veteran in this amazing, crazy league.

(461 Words)