Mexi-City

Now that first few games have been played in the VHLM, let's take a look at what the Mexico City Kings and Saku Kotkakoivu have been up to.

The Kings are 3-1-0 so far, which gives them the top spot in their conference, and 3rd overall in the VHLM. They have 14 goals for and 12 goals against, which tells the story so far of how close their games have been. They've had some great goaltending and defense, and have been able to put goals on the board from all areas. Centerman Deke Rike has been leading the way on C with 8 points in 4 games so far, while Watson Stonebridge and Luke Pastrnak are tied with 3 goals each to lead the team in that category. Bastian Greiss has been great in net, with a 2.94 GAA and 0.911 save percentage.

While the Mexico City Kings might not have any singular player who is blowing the league away with their performance, they have all been working together to form chemistry in order to earn those wins.

As for Saku Kotkakoivu, he has 3 points in those 4 games so far, with 1 goal and 2 assists. He has the most shots on the team with 19, so the 1 goal is a little bit surprising. Nobody will complain about those generated chances though.

"Personally, I want to produce more, that's for sure. If I can start potting some goals and producing in other areas on the ice as well, then I'll be happy. I don't like having only 1 goal so far and 3 points, but we're only 4 games in so there is plenty of time to turn it around. I'm just glad the team is doing well." - Saku