He Shoots! He Scores!

Joker_TM

He Shoots He Scores!

Welcome back readers, this week is a big one as after 180+ games in his VHL career our favourite big guy Jared “The Buff Bull” Carter has scored his first career goal. This comes as no surprise to anyone here. Jared has been putting up some great numbers this season so far and we all knew it was only a matter of time till he got the first goal of his career. We all here congratulate him on this milestone in his career and hope he got that game puck for the mantle.

After a strong season last year on the back end with the Riga reign JAred made the unusual decision in the offseason to work on his offensive skill and ultimately made the choice to move to a center position for this season. Without a doubt a decision I'm sure he's not regretting right now. His first goal wasn’t just a goal either it was the game winner for his team, I caught up with jared after the game a got a quick interview with him; he was ecstatic to comment on his first VHL career goal and said “You know I’ve been working real hard this offseason on my offensive skills and it is nice to see all the work I put in during training camp and practice paying off.”, he also commented “Don't think that’s my last one either boys, I’ve found the net once now it will be more natural”. Surely a great moment for our favourite tough guy.

You could tell by how his teammates reacted to the goal that they all were extremely excited for Jared to put one home for the first time. I’m sure there was quite a bit of razzing in the locker room for this veteran after the goal from some of the rookie players on the Reign this year as most have gotten that first goal out of the way already this season. But nonetheless Jared Carter has cemented himself as a fan favourite in the Riga Reign fans hearts as not only is he fearless when it comes to playing for his team and blocking shots, but he will put points up in the goal column as well. 

In other news that has shocked everyone here and I’m sure has shocked some Riga fans around the league Jared Carter's talents will be heading to a new division and a new team after he was traded this morning to the Toronto Legion. The details of the trade haven’t been announced at this time but we have heard from Jared himself that he is currently on his way to meet up with his new squad for their next game. I personally think this was a steal of a trade made by Toronto's GM @Peace to get Jared just as he's finding his strides as a forward this season. It will be great to see what Carter’s addition to the Legion will do for this team during the remainder of season 79 in the VHL. 

Singing off here till next week, stay frosty my friends.