Jokinen exhausted - too much playing time?

jRuutu

After moving from Riga to Seattle, Erlantz Jokinen has played in a bigger role. As a result, his ice time has also increased. For example, in the 2-1 win against Davos Jokinen played just over 24 minutes. Almost double what he played in his last game for Riga. This is what Jokinen himself had to say about his increased role in Seattle:

''It's great to play a lot. This is the reason why I wanted to look for a move, but I must admit that 24 minutes is a lot of minutes. You don't even realize how much more you need to skate when you play under 15 and all of a sudden play well over 20, but I think it's only natural to feel a bit overwhelmed at first when you come into a situation like this.

When I got here, the coaches and management said they will work me like a horse. I wasn't sure what they meant by that. I thought they will groom and give me nice carrots, but it's starting to look like the opposite. I need to groom myself and buy my carrots. On top of that, I need to work really hard as they put me on the ice in all kinds of situations. I'm not complaining, it's just going to take a while to adjust.''