Nasherov's first interview

Vat

After the Helsinki Titans complete their first year of rebuilding with the record of 21-45-6 With a total of 48 points the (insert any media here) will interview Helsinki's first line RW Gustislav Nasherov.

Nasherov, how do you feel about this season?

We have of course not had our best year but that only makes sense as we are currently in a rebuilding face.  It's a face we have to go through at some time and this feels like the right time to do it.  The rebuild face is without a doubt the most boring segment a team has to go through, tanking and saying goodbye to fellow teammates is always hard.  Although we did not qualify for the playoffs I am still quite proud of both mine and the teams performance.  Even though we said goodbye to a plentiful of players we still managed to finish second last behind Toronto.  We can only go up from this point on and we've got almost nothing to lose next season as now we are one season closer until Scandinavian dominance in the VHL.

Scandinavian dominance in the VHL? Isn't Malmö leading the league in points?

You could always argue that Malmö is apart of Sweden which is in Scandinavia but Skåne (southest part of Sweden) was actually occupied by Denmark not so many hundred years ago, with that a ton of Danish traditions still take place there and some might argue that their accent is a mix between Danish and Swedish.  Now before you tell me that Denmark is also a Scandinavian country I will tell you why it's not.  It's Denmark, name 3 other things than Lego's that Denmark has made which is good, I'll give you 10 seconds, and don't you dare google.  

Talking like that scares me, please don't do that again.  Moving on to the next question.  How do you feel about your own performance and how does it feel taking the big step of playing top line minutes?

It was really hard for me to take that step, from being a 3rd-4th line grinder moving up to the first line was exhausting the first couple of matches but the more games I got to play the more I got used to playing those minutes, I think that also reflects my point production throughout the season, at the beginning it was slow and soggy, only picking up a point here and there or sometimes two if I was really feeling it.  After having adjusted to those playing minutes I began picking up more and more points every week, even though I did not have a significantly long pointstreak at any point it felt like I had one going for a really long time which gave me a great feeling.  There was also a little bit of pressure having the coach and GM count on me as their first line RW and also having the other RW's look up to me.  But that is only good experience as the next two seasons we have tons upon tons of draft picks with I think 5 first rounders which will have me as their oldest RW and the player you know is the best in your position.

You said that over the next two seasons you will be able to feel like a veteran in the team yet your contract only has next season left on it, does this hint at a possible new contract with the Helsinki Titans?

Ha it seems like I've been talking too much again but yes, that is my plan.  I am looking to renew my contract with the Titans after next season, whether they want me to stay or not I will still be rooting for the team.  Now before I begin talking too much again I'm going to head off to meet up with my teammates to have some fun.

claiming week ending 29 with 656 amount of words