Johnston Talks to The Media

Alex

Interviewer: Hi there, and welcome back, I'm here with Calgary Wranglers forward Alex Johnston. Were here today to talk about the VHL playoffs and the current hole the Wranglers find themselves in early in the wildcard round. First off, how did you feel about making your VHL playoff debut?

Johnston: You'd think that after a full season things would feel different, but stepping onto the ice yesterday took me back to my first ever VHL game, the feeling of butterflies in your stomach, the pre game jitters you get when you know it's a big game. I was relieved to finally get on the ice and be able to settle into the game.

Interviewer: How did you feel about your performance in your first two VHL playoff games?

Johnston: I thought I played well, it's always nice to score or get an assist that didn't happen, but I was able to get six shots on net and if there's one thing I learned this season if you keep shooting something will eventually go in.

Interviewer: Currently the Wranglers trail D.C. 2-0 in the series, how do you see the wranglers getting back in this series?

Johnston: I think if we can get to their goalie early and often we're in good shape, it's not over until it's over and last I checked the series is a best-of-5.

Interviewer: Anyways, that's all the time we have for today, best of luck to The Wranglers as they try to climb their way back into the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Alex_J32 said:

Interviewer: Currently the Wranglers trail D.C. 2-0 in the series, how do you see the wranglers getting back in this series?

Johnston: I think if we can get to their goalie early and often we're in good shape

You won’t 🙃 🙃  I am amazed that DC, King of the OTL actually won Game 1 in 2OT, one unlucky bounce there and it’s a whole different series