Williams Sophomore VHLM Season

AJW

AJ Williams entered S79 after being drafted first overall to the Mississauga Hounds, where he would spend his next season. He was also drafted fifth overall to the Los Angeles Stars, but with not even being at the 250 TPA cap, Williams decided to spend another season down in the M to train and bank for S80. Williams reached the 250 TPA cap by the first game and was ready to roll into his sophomore season with the Hounds. 

Williams finished S79 with a stat line of 40 goals, 57 assists, 97 points, 46 +/-. Which is quite impressive to even go over a point per game. Williams found himself eighteenth in the league for points, tied with teammate Baby Bob. Tied for 16th in the league for goals and tied 24th in the league for assists, it is easy to say that Williams' performance was a solid top 20 out of all players. I am proud of my player for bouncing back after a disappointing season in Ottawa in S78, nearly doubling goals and assists. One thing I also noticed is that Williams changed his game from a more physical style to a scoring style... 10 PIM and 30 hits compared to 52 PIM and 94 hits the season prior. Happy to see he was staying out of the box and playing a cleaner game. For players with 10 PIM or less, Williams had the most points by far, with second highest being 44 points. Another thing to mention is that on 351 shots, Williams found the back of the net 40 times, leaving him with a 11.4 shooting percentage. I would not complain about this at all since this means he basically scored every 9 shots, more than one goal per two games.

Proud of my player and excited for these playoffs with Mississauga which Williams actually leads the league in points so far.

Talking about the Hounds now. I was so excited to go first overall in the S79 dispersal draft, going to the Hounds was a blessing since Zetterberg loaded up his draft picks and created a beast of a team. Mississauga had 9 players with 250 TPA and 4 others with 200+ TPA leading into the playoffs. This squad included 8 skaters reaching over a point per game, the most in the whole league. And behind these players was a brick wall in between the pipes. S75 Luke Spinelli showed up for a rock star season leaving with 56 wins, a career high. Another impressive stat is 7 shutouts in 72 games, basically a shutout every 10 games. Mississauga lead the league all season and achieved the Prime Minister's Cup. Along with a cup, a top 10 all time record was achieved. The Hounds ended the season with 353 goals for, putting themselves tied for 5th all time for a single season record. Nathaniel Minion, the Hounds S79 Captain, also now holds the team record for points, is second for most goals, and is third for most assists.

This article is all over the place but Williams had a wild S79 and I am super pumped about how this season ended. Ready now for the second round of playoffs and hopefully Mississauga will be putting their names on the Founder's Cup by the end of playoffs.

Hello former teammate, cool article about your VHLM season. I like how you not only gave just bare stat line but also your rankings in a lot of different statistics. I liked how you told me the story of Mississauga this season and the story of Williams. I would recommend you to use more pictures, because it helps the media spot to look more professional. But great work, AJ!

9/10

Hello former minecraft server buddy. I'm interested to see how the rest of the playoffs turn out. With how stacked the Hounds roster is I'm not surprised you guys did as well as you did in the regular season. I think you had an impressive season in your last year in the M, 97 points is pretty respectable. I wish you luck in the VHL next season. 9/10