In S84, Team USA's roster will likely include no forwards with any World Cup experience

scoop

Team USA won the S78 World Cup. The World Juniors did not go so great for the stars and stripes, however. I think we finished last. There are some young stars for the team, but the future of the team could be bad. The present seems to be okay. But for me, who won't make the team for a couple tournaments, that doesn't matter as much. By the time I make my first World Cup roster, I think I'll be the best forward on the team.

Robin Winter and Thomas Landry II are gone from the recent gold medal team, leaving room for players such as Red Lite and Muffbeav to join the squad. Let's take a quick break to talk about something. Red Lite wasn't even on the team last tournament. I like that the World Cup has not expanded or changed with the growth of the league. I think it makes playing in it more special. It helps that we have the World Juniors for those younger guys. Okay, back to the main story. Lite and Muffbeav are the likely newcomers to the team, still leaving players like Its Gucci, Vick Fairchild, Jakob Sosa, Hex Rose, and Henry Tucker off the roster.

Looking at the S82 potential roster, Isabella Campbell and John Merrick will now be retired. Justin Lose, Red Lite, Addison McLaren, and Muffbeav will all still be around and probably making the team. These are all S75 and S76 players. Two more names would join these guys, and it will probably be two of the names listed above. All of those players are also S75 and S76 players. If that is what the S82 roster looks like, then no one on the S82 roster would be eligible for the S84 team, because they'll all be retired at the end of S83 at the latest. That would leave a complete turnover of the forwards for Team USA for the S84 World Cup.

How could this happen? Well, look at the forwards from the United States from S77 and S78. That's how. None of those players will be good enough to overtake the aging vets of S75. The player with the best chance, and I do definitely think the possibility is there, would be my own Taylor Mourning. I would have four seasons in the VHL by the time the S82 tournament is being played, so maybe I could beat out the likes of Gucci, Fairchild, Sosa, Rose, and Tucker for a roster spot. My name could at least be in the mix, but if I don't make it, then I will go from not being on the roster to being the top forward.

Aside from myself and Vinny Detroit, who is a season behind me, Team USA doesn't have great forward talent. On defense, we have Hard Markinson and Erlantz Jokinen who will be good in S84. Throw in Xavier Booberry at goalie, and that is all the top-level talent you have from the S77 through S80 draft classes for the United States. S81 doesn't seem to be offering a ton, though it's early there. Early predictions from me say that we are going to be bad in S84 and there will be no US representation on Team Mercenaries in either S84 or S86.

Edited by scoop