Saku Ready To Move Up

DollarAndADream

Saku Ready For Grad

With the VHLM Playoffs over and done with and the Miami Marauders winning the Founder's Cup, the experienced players of the league look on to next season. Many players will be up for graduating to the upper leagues, whether that be the new VHLE, or straight from the VHLM to the VHL. It will be interesting to see which players go straight to the big leagues, or if they take the slower route and journey through the new VHLE first. It will be up to players and GM's to decide whether their new draft pick is ready to hit the VHL, or to be patient and keep them down in the VHLE for awhile.

Mexico City Kings centerman Saku Kotkakoivu is one of those players who is too good for the VHLM, but has a possibility of skipping over the VHLE to go straight to the pros. Saku had 79 points in 72 games last season in the VHLM, including 39 goals. He also had 10 points in 11 playoff games. While these are not unbelievable numbers like some of the guys on the draft board, he is clearly ready for the next step.

-----------------------

jesperi-kotkaniemi-canadiens.jpg

-----------------------

"I think I'm definitely ready for the VHL, but if I have to spend a season in the VHLE that is fine with me as well. I have no preference to be honest, and I will leave that decision up to the VHL GM that drafts me. If my GM thinks I'm needed in the VHL, then I will go there, and if not, I'll definitely have some fun in this new VHLE. I think it is well known that I'll go with the flow for whatever my GM wants, so I am ready for anything." - Saku Kotkakoivu

The big drafts are coming up in the league, and many players have favourited teams they would love to be drafted to, but not Saku. Here's what he has to say:

"Well, I think it's probably known that my player agency has connections to many teams throughout the VHLE and VHL, so some people might think I have somewhere I would prefer to go. That's not the case. I'll go anywhere, and I'll play for any team. Whoever drafts me will get the same effort out of me than any other team. Whether you're a bottom feeder, or a playoff team already, I am going to give it my all. Whether I am getting top minutes right away, or more of a depth rookie to start, I will do the same as well. I've been to many cities and my favourite place no matter where I am is the ice rink." - Saku Kotkakoivu

It will be interesting to see where a player like Saku Kotkakoivu lands in the drafts. Is he a top 3 pick, or somewhere lower?

"I don't care where I get drafted. I can be at the bottom of the board for all I care. Just know that if you don't draft me, that's your own fault. Being skipped over will just motivate me more." - Saku