MJF to Sirdsvaldis Miglasķēms

FrostBeard

MJF to Sirdsvaldis Miglasķēms

So, it has been a bit since I had the pleasure of creating a new player. 7 seasons of VHL career have passed and 8th is on the way with Marshall as my player and somewhat of a happy reminder of so many great things that have happened! 

The first continental cup for Malmo Nighthawks. It was an interesting experience, building a team with a huge potential, finding the right assets and filling the team with many amazing players like Condor Adrienne (Really props to ADV for making sure this beautiful beast was with Malmo), Artem Tretiak, Jungkok, Chris Hylands, Ray Sheilds and many more! The fact that the group we had were passionate and ready to defend their team with sweat and blood made me smile every time! 

That as an experience always rivaled Bears repeat Continental cups of S68 and S69 when I played with them as John Frostbeard, my first player in VHL. It was a glorious experience back then and it surely felt exactly like that with Malmo winning the cup. It is interesting though - winning as a GM feels gratifying but the gratification for me came not from the pride of winning the cup but from the emotions and excitement of everyone who put their hand on that trophy. The fact that as a GM you feel like you owe everything to your players makes the journey so much more different but not better, just different. 

Now, with new responsibilities as VHLE GM and with Marshall on his 8th season in VHL I had to decide on what I am gonna do and what kind of a player I am gonna build next. It was an interesting choice as I had a clear idea that I wanted to do something different, I wanted to build something out of the current meta but I wanted to do it for a simple reason - I wanted to prove myself wrong. I have always believed that by making a player in a sim league meta, you actually make sure that you can enjoy the league experience more and you have more to look forward to. Right now I have been questioning that and right now Sirdsvaldis Miglasķēms is gonna be my test subject. He is also gonna be my first ever Centre player so it is equally exciting on that end. For me the big question is this - can I make a passing C work in the current Scoring meta. 

All in all, my expectations for Miglasķēms are not determined yet, I hope that he might become something special and maybe even outperform both John and Marshall on their accomplishments. Also, Miglasķēms marks an important change - it is my first player not named Frostbeard. It feels a bit surreal to think that Frostbeard's surname is not gonna be seen on the game posts and roster lists. I did however plan Miglasķēms entrance for quite a while and Green knew all about it, heck, he even posted a graphics about my player last season so there even was a hint!

Anyway, cheers and I hope you will be hearing about Miglasķēms again soon!

Review: 9/10

Welcome to your new player! It'll definitely be interesting to see whether the passing build works in the scoring meta - it's essentially what I was trying for with Flowers too, and even though his forward seasons seemed fine, it always seemed like he was leaving a little bit of potential on the table. I imagine it'll be the same for you, where you'll be a valuable team asset, but might not get what you want in terms of individual accolades. In terms of the article, it was well-written and flowed cleanly from beginning to end. If I have a nitpick it's that I wanted to hear even more about the new player and how you think things might work - I enjoyed the trip down memory lane, certainly, but Miglasķēms is where the juice is! Either way, really enjoyed the read, and best of luck!