Jakub Brozik Post-Game Interview (Game 12)

Viper

*CONTEXT*

Game 12 of the VHLE regular season saw the Bratislava Watchmen and the Vasteras Iron Eagles play each other. During that game, Jakub Brozik received first star honors, recording two goals and three assists, for a five point game.

Reporter: Jakub, how does it feel to have had such an offensive night tonight?

Brozik: Well, it's the kind of performance you expect to have every night. Don't don't let your foot off the gas pedal, just keep pushing.

Reporter: What was your thought process behind the game tonight?

Brozik: Well, uh, the team just kind of clicked tonight. I got some nice passes, and managed to feed the guys in the slot for some nice OT action.

Reporter: What was different tonight? Why did you produce so well offensively?

Brozik: It was an important game. The Eagles had beaten us just the game before, and we weren't looking to mess around tonight.

A relatively short interview, however Brozik's performance certainly wasn't short.

With that kind of an offensive game, there had to have been more to it.

After doing some digging, our reporters found exactly why Brozik was able to succeed so well in tonight's game.

Turns out, he had actually done a number of different things differently that have a chance at impacting him game.

To start us off, he skipped breakfast today, and had a brunch instead, which is very unlike Brozik, as he is always eating.

He also did not wash his socks from the game prior, he had just throw on the smelly, wet socks that had ice all over them.

Another factor that may have contributed to his success is that he took the time to show up to practice around 35 minutes early, and had conversations with almost all of the staff members at the arena, in which he got to practice his Slovak. Brozik, native to Czechia, had learned Slovak at a young age, but hadn't used it in a while due to his rapid moving from Canada to Czechia. He rarely encountered anyone who was familiar with the Slovak language, therefore he seemed to forget some of it. However, he quickly remembered a lot of the language while talking to the staff.

The last factor is the fact that he had recently purchased a new STX stick, a brand he was not familiar with, after his Warrior stick had broken the game prior. Brozik stated that he "liked the feel of the STX stick better", and that "it felt flexible, and fast". He was quick to say that there was nothing wrong with the Warrior stick, but he had just liked the STX stick better. Obviously he had to clear that up before any controversies arose after he publicly promoted one brand over another, however it doesn't seem like it'd be that much of a controversy anyway.

Overall, many things could have led to Brozik's stellar performance tonight, and we hope to see him produce similar games like this in the future.

I liked this article, very different than the others, very innovative. Brozik is one of the top guys on the team, and I think bragging a little more about Broziks increase of success would go far. I think it is a fun article, talking about a day in the life of Brozik and this could be a start of something new. I hope to hear what happens if Brozik ever loses his scoring streak. 9/10