Inside the Mind

SpicyGecko

On this edition of Inside the Mind, Mike Wazowski tells us what it was like to filter through 6 VHLM teams to find which would be the best fit for his client, Defensemen George Sanderson. 

In an interview with Darsh Albesh of The Philadelphia Inquirer Mike had this to say:

"I knew from when I first set eyes on this kid in the Extraliga that he was going to the VHL someday. All that had to start with a contract in the VHLM. I insisted he take another year with HC Sparta Praha and wait until he was draft eligible but he insisted on playing in the VHLM this season. So I went to work. We put the word out to VHLM GMs and it spread like wildfire. Within hours we had 6 teams approach us saying they want George to join their team. I sat down with George that night and I said, 'look kid, it's just one season, pick a team you like and you think will give you the best chance at improving yourself so you can be a good pick in the next draft.'  I did some research into the teams and in the end we went with what team he liked the best and that ended up being the Philadelphia Reapers. We were happy, the team was happy, I guess we'll see what happens this season."

Join us next time on Inside The Mind for another deep dive behind the scenes of the VHL.