Potential Benoit Devereux Candidates

NickSunderbruch

So today we're going to take a look at a few goalies and their stats and tell you who I think are the potential candidates for the Benoit Devereux Trophy, and why I think they are. So before we go any further I have to say that I am incredibly biased towards The Red Menace, who happens to be the best goalie in the VHLM at the moment, and happens to be my own player. So take this list with a grain of salt, and lets begin.

1. The Red Menace 182 TPE

Menace has played 9 games this season, with a record of 8-1-0, and a .917 SV% and a 2.78 GAA, with 2 shutouts so far this season.

Menace came into the league last season as a free agent and was picked up by Philly and quickly became a houshold name after he started 12 games, with a record of 7-3-1, and a GAA of 2.34. The Red Menace is currently the leader in wins among goalies and out of starting goalies has the highest SV%. Menace is on fire with Ottawa this year and could very well earn himself some hardware and even a cup.

2. Pekka Grubauer 184 TPE @Tendy

Pekka plays for Vegas, and has played 9 games with a record of 7-2, and a .902 SV%, and a 3.08 GAA, with 285 shots faced this season.

Grubauer started in season 78 going 4-4 in 8 games and in season 79 went 18-10-2, not too shabby for the VHLM. This goalkeeper is a superstar in Vegas, and makes his presence known with high profile saves and some amazing game awareness. 

3. Thomas Price 69 TPE @Thunderidge

The 69 TPE wonder (nice), this player is HOT at the start of the season, a big reason may also be the defense in front of him, and that's why I've put him at number three even though he's lost less games than Grubauer. Price is 7-1-0 to start off the season and has a .890 SV% and a 3.01 GAA. Price plays for Yukon and Is an absolute unit, who will no doubt develop even further as the season continues. I do however think his stat line will eventually level off and begin to look more like that of a rookie, I'm thinking that as the league begins to develop midway into the season and more players reach the 250 cap that we'll see Price have a dip in his numbers. However my predictions don't make this player any less impressive and that's why he's on my list, the man only has 69 TPE, and is already performing like a top goalie in the league.

So that about does it for my list of potential Benoit Devereux Trophy candidates. The league is in a really interesting place at the moment and has some amazing talent really pulling to the front of the league for the world to see. I understand putting Menace at number one currently is a bit biased on my end, however I really do think he's currently performing better than the rest of the competition and has some real potential to become not just the Benoit Devereux Trophy winner, but also perhaps the league MVP if he continues to play the way he has been all season. Anyways I think I hear my dad coming home from the bar, I'd better grab my helmet and jockstrap. Stay warm and stay Icey, Seacrest out.