1-1, Again

CowboyinAmerica

:vas:

Vasteras, Sweden -- It has been a roller coaster early part of the season for the Vasteras Iron Eagles, and not just because the team's returning to VHL-branded hockey after 40 seasons away. It seems so far like the team just can't get on a run - every time they pick up the win, they inevitably seem to drop the next game. Break the season up in two game stretches, and they seem to go 1-1 almost every time.

To be fair, that's also the case for many VHLE franchises, who have similar levels of talent due to a large player pool and an initial VHLE Draft that spread all those players out. But for the Iron Eagles players, it doesn't make them any less antsy.

"Of course, I want to win a few games in a row," goaltender Xavier Booberry said. "I came here to win, and I'm hoping we can go on a run soon to do so."

Booberry in particular has had a rough time getting in a rhythm. As the VHLE mandates that backup goalies start at least 20 games, the Iron Eagles have been splitting time between Booberry and Oskar Lindbergh in the early going. If the latter remains absent from practice, however, Booberry is set up to receive a large number of starts later in the season, where he hopes to build on his current .925 save percentage.

"Overall I've been happy with my play, even after just eight games in the net," Booberry added. "I think we've got the talent to show something special this season, and I'm excited to get that chance."