First Week Preformence Overview - Sergey Preobrazhensky

Bulduray_1

San Diego - Although it has been a disappointing start of the season to say the least, there have been some positives to take away from the Marlins season. One of those positives has been the young rookie center, Sergey Preobrazhensky. Quietly, he has been doing surprisingly well in his first season. With 12 points in 13 games played, (3 goals 9 assists) he shows flashes of a soon-to-be playmaker. On top of that, he's one a quite bit of faceoffs, giving the Marlins countless of opportunities to score. Back on the physical side of things, he has shown that he can throw the body around as well with 15 hits and 10 shots blocked, very impressive for a center.

Although there have been glaring positives for Sergey, there are still some things that he should continue to work on. One of these things is shooting, although with 58 shots on goal only 3 have gone in. “I know what I have to do, go back and practice practice, practice. These things will come as I get more experience on the ice,” said Sergey with the press.

It has been such a treat to see Sergey do what he does best on the ice right in San Diego. We hope to see more of his brilliance on the ice next week, stay tuned when we break down next week’s performance from Sergey.

Edited by Bulduray_1