Nasherov interview

Vat

Welcome back to Fox news extra here with Helsinki Right Wing Gustislav Nasherov for an interview

How do you feel about the season so far?

At the start of the season I was surprised how good things were going, we were winning against teams who were the clear favorites and made an upset, then we rolled back and did more like expected. It is really exciting to see how good we could do as a team at this stage, in two or three seasons we will surely dominate the competition. Our rookies do their job if not more and if they continue doing that they will be top line players in no-time without doubt, I myself am also trying to improve as much as I can, feels like I could've done better in some games and some games I did way better than expected of me. If I can find a way to become more consistent in my games I will surely be able to become a better player to look up to as well.

How do you feel about your point production so far?

It of course feels great to have more than a ppg and I am quite happy with that. The only thing I would like to become better at in that section is my consistency, sometimes I score upwards 3 points and sometimes I score 0, if I could become more consistent and instead of scoring so differently each game it could be more spread out and thus leading to more wins, with the amount of minutes I'm getting out there I want to expect more if myself and be able to line up to standards if not better. One thing I would also like to become better at is my shot percentage, since I'm getting so much ice time and shooting so many shots a better shot would help both with the point production and winning more games as a whole. If I could become better than what I already am at that I could take even bigger roles within the team and score more points too.

How do you feel about the upcoming draft?

The last few drafts have been very exciting to say the least, we have had so many draft picks and this year we have the most. 3 first rounders and 4 2nd rounders doesn't sound too bad, this will be the night I've been looking forward to since the rebuild was announced, all of the great players we have had to say goodbye to have lead to this and I am sure we will draft tons upon tons of awesome players, with new players there will if course be new friends to meet and new personality types too. There are not enough words to explain how hyped I am about this draft and it will surely lead to league domination and at last a cup. After this draft and practicing for a couple of seasons we will have tons of good players to be able to compete for that cup 

Nice interview, I feel like we don't see interviews often enough anymore. I would have prefered that there would have been more questions and shorter answers, I think mostly because when I think of hockey player or athlete I think of short and easy answers and also more questions would have made the interview seem more professional. I liked how you made the questions stand out and it made pleasent reading. Add some pictures next time too!

8.5/10