Life After the VHL (Theme Week)

Eynhallow

Life After the VHL

It is interesting that this topic came up as Isau DaMoose approaches retirement.  Having had his first taste of depreciation Isau began to ponder his future, both in the VHL short term and his long range plans for retirement.  Iasau and his partner Nikki (Starr) recently discussed this very issue as well.  They concluded that money would not be an issue, so they could do pretty much whatever they wanted.  Nikki was also tired of saving lemmings and sea otters so it was decided that she would return to Canada (Swords) and establish a home base for them both to enjoy upon Isau’s retirement.

Nikki asked Isau, “So what are you wanting to do first when you get back to Swords ?”  “Chillax on some of those Northern Ontario lakes.”  replied Isau without any hesitation.

d7j3jil_mHee0yEwRPfkJRt6hUOe7ecHilwnCFT24aqF1dfrdWXlWw-zM8-aIqoUHMkwngr7B6OiLEPMVThaK73ZNbG3752nh32MWZbgsaflRa-F6WXIpuTquBi8iG0IrbuzjG7e=s0

“Ya, go fishing with some of my buddies and see if we can’t track down a few of those elusive walleye.”

“The next thing I want to do is buy a new car.  The piece of crap car that I bought to replace my motorcycle has seen better days.  My cousin, Dancer (McDangle) didn’t treat it very well in my absence.”

BfBSZE-gcreFAgfdtB_qyjhczE-GBMOlO9LcYVIyH8a5tz2rqiOPmdDoj1hFn20PtjHXBIIiYUwD05kdMva-Aug59BVOzgg_HAqXVuMuCuXqwGgVIE8CbTJQCDDHiPzTndlf8avl=s0

Nikki enquired, “Do you think you are going to play some post-career hockey?”  This question brought Isau’s thought train to a halt as he considered his response, “I don’t think I will want to play truly organized hockey.  I think it would be a bit of a disappointment after having played at such a high level for as long as I have.  However I wouldn’t object to a little spontaneous pond hockey.  That would be a lot of fun with no expectations other than to do just that HAVE FUN.”

nUxl2uP6M51ctQAZLVadfrgYjNsWRZG__vCYHV6wJ6O67D3DSAn9LDCucha0SOKcO4qALFgOXn7fCcV4hMZkOqIVeiaJAUAgGommbLSRvVYGvhgGY8YnQ99ChdDVQBWBjZ596neL=s0

“You can’t just fish and wait for the pond to freeze, Isau,” observed Nikki.  “Oh, surprisingly, I haven’t seen a lot of Canada and Western United States.” replied Isau.”  So that’s another thing on the agenda.  Just jump into the pickup and head west.  See where that takes us.”

AHXgGaJOXCzDD9AcpYYj9pe65CvhlBRHXD26HHHDlcPJzCRPBuK5nmC36QaVretFIfXbBSvBMFbFvQ4R6q8xrKJ8w2bvnZDIDujCIKyXRim0mm2a8pxeS-AlKQg0VqUJhQ_UoWND=s0

“Or maybe we should plan this a bit better !”

CM9l-Bo8wPiRdH73zXH_06PHZGA7VU6d07kVhiOye5l3VENNdqVj6QevIPw1wICjv5_Bu57nHH-wtR3paRObfSYuP90Ubu7OYw2ajzE1lBJ4zB8kgrr1O9rfFAP2SZO37AUfqfcr=s0

“Well, Isau,” Nikke said nostalgically, “ you have had a pretty damned fine run.  What do you think you will miss the most when you leave the game?”

Again, after a thoughtful pause, Isau replied, “ I think it will be training camp.  I will miss seeing all the guys getting ready for the upcoming season.  When you are younger, you look forward to see what your off-season improvements will do for your game.  You try to learn from the more experienced players.  There is an aura of hope as the new season approaches.  ASs you get a bit older, it is always good to see who our new stars will be and how they will fit into the lineup.  But most of all, the camaraderie that evolves as the team comes together.  I think it will be a tough transition, at least for the first year or so.” 

And so it is that Isau and Nikki have mapped out their future for Life After the VHL.

Word Count:  512