A boy from Zeeland, a girl from Mexico and their plans for the future

Thunfish

Guide:

Black bold lines are from Sunrise.

Green bold lines are from Sunrise's girlfriend, Luz.

Luz asked with her usual enthusiasm, "Sunrise van de Schubbekuteveen, what are your plans for life after your VHL career?" as if she already knew the answer she was gonna get from him but still had some curiosity as to what he was going to say. This week, the league had chosen to send forms for pretty much everyone to talk about their future, possibly with the idea of supporting ex-players through retirement. Not like it mattered much for Sunrise himself, he entered the league early and would likely retire in his mid-20s. That said, he knew he would have to humour them regardless of that.

"Well, I think I have said this in the past but... I guess I can talk about it again," he started his answer with a peaceful look on his face. "I want to be a chemist. Mainly, I want to work towards the development of new green alternatives for energy and construction. As such, I study during the off-season so that I'm not too lost once I'm done playing and thus have the time to fully pursuit that goal I have. Additionally, reaching such a goal would bring much respect and rejoicing to the village of Schubbekuteveen, so that's also a plus."

Luz curled her lips, as if he had managed to forget something important. And sure enough, he could already tell what it was. "And I do plan to marry a certain girl before I retire, too." The Mexican girl replied with an innocent look on her face, as if she couldn't tell who he was talking about. "A girl that spends all her time with me, plays games, sleeps by my side... and taught me Spanish", he added while also grabbing an apple from the fruit basket nearby and then taking a healthy bite. Luz let out laughter but agreed. "I think your plans are pretty good... But you forgot something else."

Luz smirked, while Sunrise merely scratched his head, thinking on what he could've forgotten. "You forgot to ask me about my dreams, you buffoon." He blinked, nodding. "Yeah, that's true. I didn't ask you about your dreams, very sorry about that. Can you tell me it now, then?" Luz grinned, taking a seat on the couch with a triumphant sigh. "I want to be a Spanish teacher. Simple as that. I want to help people learn Spanish. It's how I met you and what I want to be known by."

She wasn't wrong, that's how he had met her - as someone appointed to help him out with the language. Sure, his Spanish was a bit rough and all but she had done a good job - maybe this was her area after all. "And if that fails, I want to stick with you so that I have someone I can constantly beat on videogames and then have you cook for me." She let out a playful laughter, to which Sunrise shook a negative with his head.

"Sure, I'll take you on," he replied with a little smirk, walking away to another room. She celebrated with a grin, writing up what he had said for his dream. "Always!"

Edited by Thunfish