The seventeenth chapter of Baby Bob's life (The life after the VHL)

Baby Boomer

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to the seventeenth chapter of Baby Bob's life story. In this life story we will talk about the life of Baby, when he was young, his thoughts and his impressions before the drafts, during the seasons and during the playoffs. Baby Bob will also respond to questions from the fans, from the GMs and from the leaders of the VHL and the VHLM. In this chapter, we will take a trip into the future and talk about the life after the VHL of Baby Bob. The article will be in the form of an interview where Baby Bob will answer some of my questions. 

I started by asking him about the way he feels about his retiring : 

« I am still at the beginning of my career, so i don’t really think about my retirement yet, because i still want to focus on my career. However, sometimes I visualize my after career and i have a lot of great project that i would like to do ». 

As you just saw, Baby Bob talked about having big project for after his hockey career in the VHL. I obviously asked to know more about his project : 

« Well, i won’t be the first one to do it and surely not the last one either, but i always wanted to open my own training camp. A training camp where everyone can play hockey and don’t have to be a millionaire to participate. When i was young, my parents weren’t the one with the most money, so i was not going on all these summer training camp that all my teammates where going. I didn’t really think about a name for my camp yet, but it will be a classic one, nothing too fancy ». 

We know that the career of Baby in the VHL will not last forever, but we don’t know if after the VHL Baby Bob will continue to play, either in another league or a garage league. I reached out to him to know better his thought about that : 

« Of course, I would never want to stop playing and retire, but we never know what can happen in my life. Injurie, personnal problem or even illness, but if it was only from me i would never retire. It is really too soon to start thinking about it, but I would really like to play in the KHL or any other league in Europe after the VHL. It is sure that the KHL is probably the most prestigious league in Europe after the VHLE, so it is always nice to play where the legends already played. I am currently talking about Pavel Datsyuk, Alex Ovechkin and many others. A lot of big players who had great career in the NHL or the VHL played in Europe after, like Jaromir Jagr, the Sedin brothers, the Stastny brothers and a lot more ». 

Thanks for reading and see you next week for more of the life story of Baby Bob. 

508 words 

11- 17 october