Talking about the trade deadline in the VHLM

Collusion

With the trade deadline coming up in just a couple of days I decided to do an analysis on what each VHLM team would buy or sell. Also to say what they have for buying or to sell depending on their Status. 

First off we have the Yukon Rush who are well ahead of any team in the standings they have some good picks in S81 Draft to play with if they want to grab other players or more than one. Having 1 first round pick and 3 seconds they have a lot to work with. They don’t really need someone else. With 9 players having a +/- of 40 or more these teams are well built to win the cup and are the favorite to win it. With star players like Zaza Colors, Harkat Mulds, Hulk Hogan 2 and Kyosti Karjalainen. They are pretty nasty with the puck. 

The second team is the Ottawa Lynx. These teams are already almost full with only one place available on their D- lines. Having 3 first rounders and 3 seconds rounders, they are built to compete for the cup this year with a bunch of elite players like Finn Davis, Austin Towbaker, Juice Box having more than 90 points in 48 games played and with the best goalie in the league The Red Menace between the pipes and a solid backup in Ed Nu. Are the team who can beat Yukon. I don’t think they have to get players to have a chance at the cup this year. 

The third team is the Minnesota Storm. Having great success in their last couple of games. These are pretty well built with Pekka Grubauer in the net with a save percentage of 0.884 in 16 games played with the team and players like Barry Bonds Jr, Nezuko and  Nico Pearce who are their first line powerhouses. I think they already made their move for the deadline by acquiring Grubauer and big defenseman Jyuunua Pureya Oneri Desu, a bit earlier last week. They are capable of competing with Ottawa, defeating them 2 times this season and giving the Yukon Rush some difficulty in the games between them. 

The fourth team is the Houston Bulls. The Houston Bulls are a team who can fight for a win against anyone. With players like James glove dropper, Nils Godlander, Biggie Cheese and Cameron Eldby. Being their best players. With 1 first and 3 third rounders they can maybe bring other players to help this team be even more competitive for a deep run in the playoffs. 

These fourth teams are definitely buyers but I don’t know if they are willing to pay the risk or have the space to add other players to their rosters. We will see each other in a couple days. 

The fifth team is The Las Vegas Aces and they are a question mark with only 3 players and 1 goalie. They are surprisingly playing very well. I can see them sell or buy, but either way they are slowly losing some points in the standings with Mexico, Miami, Philadelphia and Halifax catching up to them. 

The sixth team is the Mexico City Kings. They don’t have a lot of picks to trade for players with, but with players like Matt Avens, Dookie Headtop and Wattson Power they have good players and good depths to make the playoffs and maybe cause a surprise by beating the teams who are better on paper. 

The seventh team is the Halifax 21st. Halifax had 2 first rounders, 1 second and 1 third. They have some assets to trade. These teams have been working hard on the recruitment and with that they are now climbing the standing with a powerhouse first line of Bryn Yrwy, Jacob Richard and Jorgen Von Strangle. With recently recruit Boris Tsezar in net who is doing a great job for Halifax. I think this team needs one defenseman or a center for the second line and they can have a chance against the other teams. 

The eight team and final spot for a playoff run are the Philadelphia Reapers. These teams have mostly built their team with new players recruited or traded. Most of the new players are with Halifax or Philadelphia. They don’t really have a star player, every player is contributing to the Philadelphia success. Only having 1 second round and two fourth round picks in the s81 draft. They only have spots for 1 defenseman, 1 forward and 1 backup goalie.  Ali Des Aves is giving his team a chance to win game after game. I think this team can win a spot for the payoffs. 

The nine team is The Miami Marauders. They are fighting for a spot in the playoff. I don’t think they can buy some players with the assets that they have. I think they are going to do no trade and just try to make the playoffs with the pieces that they have or sell some players. With players like Yun Chiang, Mix Bag OChips and Jeremy D. They don’t have many players but with these 3 players some depth and Juha Jarvinen in the nets I think they can try to make a push for a playoff spot. 

These 5 teams Miami, Philadelphia, Halifax, Mexico and Vegas are all in the fight for the last four spots of the playoff and only four of them will make it it’s definitely one of the most entertaining fights between teams. Only 6 points separate all these teams. 930 words 

The ten teams are the San Diego Marlins. They have great teams with many players but just don’t seem to be good enough to make the playoffs these years. I think they can sell some players to be better next season. With players like Robert Wilk is definitely interesting for other GMs. The great jr and Sergey Preobrazhensky I can see GM trying to trade for these players and also the goaltenders Tadhg Byrne. San Diego was another team who was very active in the recrutement section. I’m sure we are going to see a trade or two with San Diego at this trade deadline. 

The eleventh team is the Mississauga Hounds. They only have two players on their roster: Nayt Bedard and Mikhail Lospenov. I don’t know if there is a rule for the minimum players on the teams but if there isn’t one I think GMs are going to try to grab these players for their teams. 

The last team is the Saskatoon Wild. Having six players who are on their roster I think their two most valuable assets are Harry Fingers and Bob Vladovechsenkchushkin who are probably going to be traded. 

In two days the trade deadline will be over and we will see if I was right or close or completely wrong. 

1149 words 

Claiming this the 18 and 25 October 

review time: This a cool update where teams are at the trade deadline in the M. I appreciate the effort and that you've spaced it out but I have some smaller issues. Despite spreading it out by teams it still kind of becomes a wall of text, using bold on each team name and maybe even color coding it would help make it feel a little less samey. Adding in a picture or two as well, say one at the start and one at the mid way point. There is a good info here just would like some little touch ups to make it a little more fun to read. 7/10

That’s a great idea. Seeing this after the trade deadline you did a pretty good job in this article to explain each teams status on trade and what to expect for the deadline. You also did a great job to point out most teams best assets in their roster and value players or pick to trades for. I think you forgot to mention if teams were buyers or sellers in the most part but did a great job ether way 9/10 

8/10

Woow great text, i always love to see a little recap after a trade deadline. Your recap is well done and very accurate. Maybe add a little more colors or make some of the text bold to make it easier to read. Keep up the good work and i am looking forward to see your recap next season!