Tucker Keeps Racking Up Hits And Points

NSG

As Vancouver continues dominating, having already secured the best record in the VHL, Henry Tucker continues being great. After leading the league in PIM last year and not much else of importance, Tucker has made vast steps in his development, again, recording 46 goals (6th overall) and 58 assists for an awesome 104 points (10th overall) with a +/- of 35. The only other season in his career in which he had a positive +/- was way back in Season 76 with VHLM Minnesota. He’s also 3rd in the league with 349 hits, and he’s only 6th in PIM, with 166. 

He’s also gotten 5 game winners, 7 power play goals, and is tied for the league lead with a pair of short handed goals! While Tucker is enjoying having a career season and has positioned himself for potentially being 2-Way Forward of the Year, that’s not his real goal, he said in an interview recently.

“Being this good is awesome, it really is. Having put all that time in the gym and on the rink has finally paid off, and I’m super glad. But let’s be real here, I don’t give a fuck about awards and stats if it means I don’t ever win a championship and don’t have fun. For the past 5 seasons in the Vanny LR, I’ve had a great time even though I’ve been through 3 separate GMs, but playoff success and a ring has eluded me since Season 74 in Miami. It’s time to change that, man. I want a VHL championship.”