the first 5 for Ariane

Horcrux

What a week for the french winger Ariane Leblanc. She recently made her Debut in the Victory Hockey League Minor system for the Miami Marauders. She laced up her skates and tightened her pride laces and then….did nothing for 2 games. The pace of the game was something she would need to get used to if she was going to compete at a high level. 

Yukon Vs Miami - Ariane was placed on the second line and amassed 19 minutes of ice time. In that time she got a penalty, won 1 out of 2 face offs and had almost 4 minutes on the penalty kill. One could look at those stats and think she failed in her debut. 

via translator:

“It was just my first game, I have not played at this Pace, this intensity ever in my life. The first period smacked me in the mouth and i spent way too long adjusting, I will come back stronger and prove I deserve to be here and that Miami did not make a mistake” 

Miami Vs Philadelphia - This time the winger got some more ice time, almost 22 minutes, she had 3:30 seconds or more on both Power Play and Penalty Kill finishing minus 1. Many fans were not impressed by what they saw.

Miami Fan:

“The way the Management was promoting her i expected better things then this, right now she is playing like a glorified 4th liner on the top six...we need a change”

via translator:

“Simply I was not good enough, they (Philadelphia) is a great team and they proved that tonight. We will improve and we will learn and come back”

Miami Vs Halifax - game 3, it was time to see if what she was saying was coming true, if she could improve and work hard at this level. So in the first five minutes of the game she nets her first Victory Hockey League goal beating Boris Tsezar on the glove side. Picking up the puck and tossing it to the trainer for a keepsake. 

via translator:

“You know it was just hard work and focus. The team has been patient with me and you know I saw the stick side open and I shot. Sometimes they go in, sometimes they don't. So i'm going to go donate some money right now” 

Minnesota Vs. Miami - Yet again the French import showed her skill with the puck. With twenty minutes on the ice she managed an assist and 6:30 on the penalty kill showing just how good she can be. Now netting a second point. Saving the puck. 

Miami Fan:

“This is the play we wanted. She is looking fast, aggressive and she looks hungry. You love to see it”

Miami Vs Mississauga - consistency is key in this league and Ariane netted her third point and another goal in this game. Averaging 20 minutes and settling into the team. Improving slowly every game. 

via translator:
“You know i am only as good as my linemates. Everyone on this team works super hard and we are all focused on a singular goal. We want to win and nothing is going to slow us down. Another thousand down lets see how much i can raise this season”

Love this article, a really nice format and change of pace. I really like the quotes from fans and the translator, I am interested to see if Leblanc ends up learning English eventually. It's the perfect balance between stats and character story. I have no gripes with this at all, grammar is good, punctuation is good, formatting is good, everything is good. Overall very enjoyable article. 

10/10

I absolutely love how you got the reader excited for Ariane's start, but then showed that she really did not perform as well as you hoped in her first two games. It is also nice to have small interview quotes to see inside of the mind of her as she struggles to adjust to the VHLM. Might be helpful if you made sure the colors you used worked well in both themes because while it wasn't distracting I can see some people struggling to read the purple on dark mode. 9/10