The Ottawa Lynx are here to stay

nurx

As we near the end of the season fans of teams in the lower parts of the standings begin to look forward towards next year’s draft and their team’s future. For Ottawa however, they are looking at the playoffs this year leading the Eastern Conference, and already have clinched their spot in the playoffs. Ottawa is in a prime position to contend for the Founder's Cup with their biggest challengers being Yukon and Minnesota. However, this is not about how Ottawa is playing this year it is about Ottawa in the future. So let's break down how Ottawa may perform next season.

Current Players

They will hold onto 8 players who will likely play at the start of next season however it is likely that many of those players will move onto the VHLE depending on how fast they gain TPE. The majority of these players are forwards with a defenseman and no goaltender. This lack of defenseman and goaltender will mean that most of their draft picks will likely be put into those positions. They have 5 players who will likely immediately move onto the VHLE next season and the rest of their players will be in the next VHLM draft. These players leave Ottawa in a great situation to build an even stronger team around their core that is already one of the best-returning cores in the league. This returning core will be incredibly import to how the Lynx play next season and could very well lead them to a back-to-back assuming they win the Founder’s Cup this year.

S81 VHLM Draft

Where Ottawa shines this upcoming season is how many draft picks they possess. They are in control of their own 1st round pick which will likely be one of the last picks in that round. Ottawa also possesses Philadelphia and Mexico City's first-round picks which will likely be in the middle of the draft meaning they could pick up goaltender Juha Jarvinen or defenseman Ragnar Hagsatrom which could become important members of their core throughout next years season. Ottawa also has three draft picks in the second round with their own, San Diego, and Mexico City's picks. San Diego is likely being the highest pick of these three picks and the 2nd round is where defenseman and goaltenders become much more common so it is entirely possible we see Ottawa wait until this round to pick up their goaltender and defenseman. Ottawa however does not have any other draft picks until the 5th round where they only hold their own picks until the end of the season.

Conclusion

The Lynx are in a great position to not only win the Founder’s Cup this season, but are in a position to continue being a contender going into next season. Their future next season isn’t even heavily reliant on draft luck because of how stacked their returning roster is already and could be a contender if only one of their draft picks blossoms into a strong player. The future for the Ottawa Lynx is as bright as their goal light when they hit the ice.

512 Words

With the intro and outro I was under the impression this article would be about Ottawas playoff run this year, but you talked more about the playoffs. It is not bad whatsoever, but I was mislead. It was a good article nonetheless, I think you could have went through some potential candidates, I mean, Ottawa has a lot of picks, so bringing up some name candidates could be good. 8/10

Hey that’s me ahahah. It’s always great to see my player name on a media spot. The text has a great structure with the paragraph and with the little title over each one is really well done. That’s a great idea to talk about a teams future, I feel like most people focus on the present season or the playoff coming up that’s okay too, but it’s good to see something different. The only things is the title maybe you did the title before writing this media spot. Maybe try to name your Media spot after your done writing that’s help me a lot on title. 9,5/10.