SpicyGecko

George Sanderson

Position: Defense 

Current Team: Philadelphia Reapers

Height: 6' 3"

Weight: 200lbs

Pre Draft Ranking: Top 20

Hello Sir,

I am just sending you this email as the regular season wraps up and the playoffs begin in the VHLM. The draft is coming up at I wanted to let you know about a player I have been keeping my eye on all season. His name is George Sanderson, I am sure you have heard of him by now. He is a big defensemen from the Czech Republic and man has he been tearing it up. Unfortunately our stat trackers don't track takeaways but if they did he would for sure be in the top 10. He loves to throw the body with handing out 207 hit in the regular season and is a true defensive defensemen. The nice thing is he can put up points too with 52 points in the regular season which gives him a nice balance of defense and offence. He is from Europe and loves it there, I'm sure if any team close to Czechia were to draft him he would be very happy to be close to home. Anyway, I just wanted to bring his name to your attention and I am sure we will talk about him more closer to the draft, I hope we can use one of our picks on him but in the end it is your call. I have attached a pro's and con's list for you to get a better sense of his character and play style. As soon as the playoffs are finished I will be flying back to join you for the draft, see you then!

Sincerely,

Steve Masters, VHLM Western Conference Scout

Pros/Strengths:

• Is great at throwing the body (2.88 hits/game).
  • Is able to put up points when it matters (5 GWG and 27 PP Points).
  • Doesn't miss the net often (19.77% Shot Percentage which is third in the league amongst players with over 30GP).
  • Is 1/1 on the penalty shot.
  • Don't let the +/- fool you, the season started rough but as the team and George got better his +/- has been pretty good on a per game basis.
  • Is very invested and passionate about any team he plays for.
  • Loves to party.

Cons/Weaknesses:

• Is not very disciplined  (95 PIMs).
  • Doesn't take a lot of shots (86 Shots).
  • Can easily get distracted on and off the ice.
  • Loves to party.