A comeback attempt

LefLop

For those of you who know me in the SBA, you know exactly what happened to me and why I fell off the face of the earth for a while. For those of you who don't know, I caught COVID and had some really bad symptoms, and then I broke my ankle when I was recovering. I recently had a second surgery on my ankle in another attempt to try to get me to heal to full health, but the itch of going back to leagues came. To be honest, I do feel good enough to do leagues now, and it's a welcome distraction from everything else now that I need to worry about, but there's always the earning pressure that I'm already feeling that I remember and don't really like.

There are a couple of NBA2K leagues where I do the bare minimum and be a role player. I hope I can do that here as well. I know earning isn't hard here actually, it's pretty easy, and I've never actually had a bad interaction with this community, but I think for my mental I can't afford to go in too deep. I hate free agency and people asking me to be on their team. It feels awful to say no to people, especially when I don't have a good reason to. I came back here and saw a bunch of messages and notifications, and had a brief moment of panic and terror, and ran away. I legit only had the VHL portal open on my phone for a few weeks just to do my welfare and practice and try to keep the rest out of my mind.

That changed recently. I made a serious comeback attempt in the SBA, and I'm here to do the affiliate check. I'm also here because my friends like hockey and I find myself enjoying hockey when I'm watching. Barron had a fantastic season, only notching 4 penalty minutes, which is exactly what I wanted him to do. I'm going to bite the bullet now and actually add in some scoring, to try to be a better player, but I don't want that to be his main focus. I am low TPE after all, I just want to not be absolutely useless on one end like I have been. I actually like my future, although if I'm a free agent after this season I'm probably going to turtle as much as possible as soon as it happens. Sorry in advance to whoever reaches out to me. 

Until next time I decide to do an update, I hope everyone stays healthy and is happy and does well.

LefLop