Visors are for pu$$ies and golfers

kareykoala

Helmet technology has changed drastically in the past century. From Jacques Plante to Dan Clouiers bucket, from Teemu's Jofa and Gretzky's iconic lid to Marian Gaborik's tinted visor, many styles and forms of protection have graced the ice. Currently, the visor regulation is being grandfathered in in many leagues world wide. Young players are being forced to wear full face shields prior to their 18th birthday, and in Europe, visors are to be used after the player turns 18. There is no doubt that there are many safety benefits in wearing a visor and/or face shield, but it takes away the fundamental truth that seperates the game of hockey from the other major sports in North America, hockey is not for pussys.

The fear a goalie used to face when a flying rubber puck was being projected at their noggin with zero protection, only their instincts to save them, was the essence of badass hockey that affirmed a white ice would only be used well when it was painted red by the end of the game. That is the type of hockey that gave us legends, the Stanley Cup, and pride for our sport. The uber focus on protecting the pretty faces of young players is not developing hockey players into warriors, instead, condition athlete pansies.

I say no to visors. I say yes to being a fucking badass

Sent from my iPhone