Cannon Prepped for Game 7

Advantage

Towering over opponents on the ice, Rusty Cannon has been playing as a depth defenseman on the Ottawa Lynx who are one win away from winning the Founders Cup.  "I want to win so bad.  This agency has a long list of Founders Cup winners and I just want to join them."  

Cannon, who fell just short on two trips to the Memorial Cup during his WHL career, finally had a chance to kick the monkey off his back and win a title.  "It's been hard to be referred to as a choker by others despite giving everything you have.  But I can't worry about that and I'm just focusing on doing what I can for Ottawa."

Rusty has been playing a more defensive role with 2 goals, 30 hits and 19 blocked shots in 15 playoff games.  He has been solid defensively though and a key contributor on the penalty kill for the Lynx.

"We have one game to go.  We either win or lose and while that isn't exactly how you want to do it, you can't help but enjoy the script writing.  All we can do is make sure the ending is the one that we want and not the alternate."