Bunclewirth Back in Management

JardyB10

HALIFAX, NS (PP) - In the Victory Hockey world, rumours were running rampant that former VHL Commissioner Jardy Bunclewirth was looking to once again get involved in a management position within the league. On Wednesday, these rumours were confirmed true when the General Manager of the VHLM's Halifax 21st, Nathaniel Minion (@Minion) named the old-timer his Assistant General Manager.

"It feels good to be back in some position of responsibility," the notoriously irresponsible league veteran said. "I'm looking forward to working with Minion and doing my best to usher in a new era of VHL players and members."

"As for the team itself, most VHLM teams got thinned out this season, so all said I'm pleased with what we've got in place here in Halifax. Minion has done a good job of collecting what draft picks he can, and I think we have one of strongest defensive pairings in the league already in place with Harry Hagel @jasplunds and Marcel Janser @Morcar80 anchoring the blue line. Meanwhile on forward, I expect Jorgen von Strangle @Timmy Turner is going to be one of the most dangerous skaters on the ice this season, and he's the perfect cornerstone for Minion and myself to build around in the draft tomorrow," Jardy continued.

The 21st have four picks in the Top 20 in the S81 VHLM Dispersal Draft, three of which are in the first round. After that, the team has five more picks in the final two rounds of the draft that the team can fill out the roster with.

"My primary goal coming into Halifax will be attracting waivers to the city over the course of the season," Bunclewirth said. "The draft is important and we'll be able to build up our bones, but it's the incoming free agents that will separate us from the pack. With some savvy selections and the right marketing, and I think the 21st can be a force in S81."