Captain's log, stardate 20211121

Mongoose87

Captain's log, stardate 20211121

Through something known as the "VHLM Dispersal Draft," I have been assigned to a team known as the "Mississauga Hounds." The draft is a curious process. Rather than assigning players to teams based on need and opportunity, as we do in The Federation, teams take turns selecting players, over whom they will gain complete control. Furthermore, the teams may exchange selections and players. It is truly an entire second game within the game, and the teams' managers remind me of a crowd of gamblers around a Dabo wheel. Indeed, we have much to learn about these people's ways.

Captain's log, supplemental:

Dr. "Skates" McCoy indulged my curiosity and researched the concept of a draft. It seems this was a common practice in sports on our own Earth, many years ago. It seems the more we learn about these people, the more we learn about ourselves.

I have settled my equipment into the locker room if the Mississauga Hounds. The training equipment and hygiene are centuries behind the standards I've come to expect with the UFHD, and I requested a bacterial analysis by Dr McCoy, immediately. I am amazed at how infrequently the equipment is sanitized, given the level of sweat and other biological contaminants it is regularly exposed to. I may need to send for a science team to make a complete sweep of the facility.