Saskatoon and There Slow Start.

MrMonkey

Saskatoon is coming off of a poor season, finishing in nearly last place. What does that mean for Saskatoon now? Well, Saskatoon needs to prove that they did not just improve from last season, but that they are in playoff contention, even if it is a first round elimination. Now for a team coming from the bottom of the barrel, there is a lot of work to be done. 

GM Bulduray_1 took a defensive approach to the draft, so much so that he took both Connor Johnson and Cole Pearce, defensemen and goalie respectively. This has it's benefits but it naturally has it's drawbacks as well. Saskatoon doesn't have an offense. This can be seen with there lack of scoring and there best offensive player being Connor Johnson, the defensemen. Moves have to be made to improve on offense.

Bulduray has done a good job, there is no denying that, Saskatoon does have a better win lose record than the last season, and there is still tons of room for improvement (only 10 games into the season). However, I feel like there can be a lot done with this team that could put them in a better position for the coming weeks. 

- Bulduray needs to be aggressive to sign rookies throughout the season, that is one of the few ways that this offense could produce to a level that can push Saskatoon into the playoffs. Additionally, that will massively help the defense and we could put something together.

- Possibility for trades or other means of acquisition, be it tanking again for next season or going out and trading for someone, there just needs to be a clear path for the team. Right now we aren't in the playoffs, and I truly believe we could be with proper signings. Or we need to tank again and prepare for next season (less favorable).

I truly think Saskatoon has potential to be a contender, but some very strong development on both sides of the puck would have to happen for this to be accomplished. A big move could take are team to the next level. In the end something needs to happen for this team to see success, but I believe in my GM to make the correct decision.

I myself, Connor Johnson, don't intend to stay with Saskatoon past this first season. I know some of my teammates will, I also know my GM will stay. If Saskatoon is not competitive this season, they have to be a playoff team next season, I mean HAVE to be. They have been given the opportunities to do so and I am confident they will be competitive. If there is one thing I know, it's that a team can seem weak to start, but with a great GM who can sign players. That team can become very strong. I am referring to last season Halifax, they didn't start strong but by the end of the season there free agent signings and there lead scorer carried them to the playoffs and past Houston. 

Review:

This is a well written review that I could tell was done with some insight on the teams strengths and weaknesses. It’s always good to keep GM’s on their toes by media spots like these where it can also provide insight from a locker room type perspective. Some kind of title or picture would be awesome and really take this media spot to the next level. As a former wild player myself, good luck on the rest of the season! 8.5/10