Good start for Cologne: Leduc Interview

Lemorse7

The Cologne Express after 12 games played is tied for second in the standings. We had the chance to talk with rookie player Alexandre Leduc about his start in the VHLE. 

Hello mister Leduc.  Cologne had a great start this season, how do you explain that? 

We have played some great games. The coach system is working and we are playing hard. It’s only the start of the season and we need to keep playing like we did. With all the teams being so close there are only 7 points separating the first to the seventh position in the standings. 

It’s not all new for you in Cologne, with former teammates Karjalainen and former linemate Decimus Meridius. What is it like? 

It’s nice to have a familiar face on the ice and in the locker room. I’ve played with MDM most of last season in Yukon and was one of the reasons I did that well last season. Karjalainen since the first time I saw him play he knew he was good. He is a pure sniper, and now playing with him is nice. It’s great to meet new faces too, everyone is kind and just wants to win. 

You were recently announced one of the Alternate captains for Cologne. How do you feel? 

It’s an honor and I really didn’t expect it, but I’m ready for any challenge in the future. I’m very grateful for it, but it’s only a letter, what I mean by that is I would have played and acted the same with or without the letter on my jersey. 

You recently moved from winger to center. How was that transition? 

It’s going well, I was already playing center in Yukon but didn’t have the chance to really work on it. Right after the draft I talked to the GM about the possibility that I would maybe play in the center position in Cologne. So during the offseason and training camp I was doing faceoff after faceoff and really worked hard and I will try to be better game after game. 

In 12 games you were in the middle of two fights. What happens when you drop the gloves? 

To be honest I don’t remember how the first one happened. Sanderson is a big guy, I was mad at myself because I was not playing well. The emotions just take the lead and we both drop the gloves at the same time and begin to push each other. In the end I was more hugging him than pushing him. I was exhausted after that fight. I was not a fighter before that fight. The last fight that I did was during the Junior Showcase when everyone wanted to beat everyone, that showcase had something in the air. The second one was versus Ice Eagle defenseman Ron Gorgonzola. At the end of the first he told me to prepare myself and that we would drop the glove in our first shift in the second period. In the locker room I was a bit nervous about it but when I hit the ice for the faceoff in the start of the secours period, I look at him and was ready, so I win the faceoff and throw my glove on the ice and start to throw punch the harder and fastest that I can. I feel like the game misconducts was a bit extreme, but I’m here to play not to criticize ref calls. 

Thanks for your time Leduc and good luck for the rest of your season. 

590 words 

Review:

I always like interview style media posts. Good to read about how Leduc is doing and his transition from winger to center. Overall good media spot, I would maybe change the neon green as it doesn't read well with the forums dark or white theme. I would also maybe add a picture to spruce up the interview! 8/10

Edited by Greg_Di