Toronto's Rookies Lead To Strong Start

Doomsday

Toronto's Rookies Lead To Strong Start 

cut.jpg

TORONTO - In a season that was widely stated to be about growth and development for a young Toronto team, the young Legion have instead gone out and inserted themselves into contention with a hot start. With four rookies currently among the top ten thus far, including Otto Numinen's rookie-high 29 points through the first sixteen games, and another holding down the fort in net, this is a young team that clearly has different expectations than the ones many placed upon them. 

Numinen, Kyle Peace, Harkat Mulds, and Jakub Brozik are showing that they are valuable not only as the future of the Toronto Legion, but as producers in the present as well. Combined with last season's Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy winner, Matty Fire, and the smashing success of Jaromir Lemieux and Lenny Sanderson's transition to defense, Toronto's youth movement has formed a surprisingly effective core of players that is only going to improve as the season develops. Add in the debut of last season's fourth overall pick, Oskar Lindbergh, in net, and you have a team off to a 9-3-4 start through their first sixteen games, good for 21 points, just ten away from their total in Season 80.

1264591638.jpeg

It's still early, but the quick success of the Legion has Toronto buzzing again after a dismal season a year ago. With even more young talent down on the farm, Toronto's future looks very bright, but the nagging question remains: will this group stick together and finish the job?

Jethro Novacek is an award-winning writer for the MSFL Times, the top source of valuable tidbits for simulation sports. He enjoys a good meatball sandwich, engaging in academic conversations about sexual intercourse in the Mass Effect franchise, and theorizing on how to end the MLB lockout.

Wow what a perfect article.  Great photographs and a witty and well thought out article.  My favorite part is your bio, "Jethro Novacek is an award-winning writer for the MSFL Times, the top source of valuable tidbits for simulation sports. He enjoys a good meatball sandwich, engaging in academic conversations about sexual intercourse in the Mass Effect franchise, and theorizing on how to end the MLB lockout."

Probably the best one I have seen in my short time here.  I wish I could figure out how to do graphics as well to spice mine up.  Awesome job.  10/10