I Don't Get It !!

Eynhallow

I Don't Get It !!??

There are a few things that I just can't get my head around when it comes to how players perform in this league.

gettyimages-1314885778-612x612.png.add4eb15befec5413cf911ddf0d89d9a.png

So, In Season 79, the season before depreciation, my player, Isau DaMoose, struggled with point production getting just 73 points in what should have been his most productive year as far as TPA is concerned.  Granted, Isau's line was only on the ice 30% of the time, but more about that later.  In Season 80, after depreciation, Isau produced a team leading and career best 83 points.  This is unusual in that Isau's skill set had diminished.  However, his ice time was more balanced with his lines being on the ice 50% of the time.  So, now we get to Season 81.  Isau's skills have been further diminished, his ice time is down to 30% and yet he leads the Reign in point production with 39 points in just 24 games.  If he continues at that rate (which is highly unlikely) he is on track for a 117 point season.  So I am not complaining about this, but I sure as Hell don't understand how this can happen.

Hi Eynhallow,

I am by no means an expert, just a few thoughts to consider (if you have not already). Did you take into consideration that your opponents' skill level potentially decreased as well (after all, some hard earning veterans retired last season)? Did your team have an influx of new/more skilled players, which would carry you? Or did your team lose more talented/capable players (no offence to Isau) and so RNJesus just allocates these points to you as their successor?

These questions come to my mind without even going into the GM side of things (changing of tactics etc).

But yeah I will be damned if I understand it correctly (especially with the meta).

Good luck in getting to the bottom of this.