Obi Adesanya In-Season Interview

atw2592

Obi Adesanya In-Season Interview:

Q: How are you feeling about the team's performance so far this season?

I couldn't ask for a better start from our guys. With so many new faces, I figured it would probably take a little while for us to mesh together, but it almost seems like we've been playing with each other our whole lives. We are tied for first in the division right now and we are only going to improve as the season goes on.

Q: Are you bummed that you are playing on the right wing, when you are a natural left winger?

Honestly I could use the experience on the right side. I have played left my whole career so far, albeit a junior career, so I think it's time to learn how to play on the right. It really isn't too much of a difference, I don't get as many chances in the middle of the ice, but my hand eye coordination has gotten a lot better getting tip-in chances on the far side of the net. I really think over the course of my career it will help my game.

Q: Do you think your personal performance has been up to your standards so far this season?

I can always improve my game, like I said before I need experience in all kinds of different situations so even if the points aren't coming right now, I know I am working my way towards that by becoming more of a complete player. We have so many studs on this team that I don't really need to take over a game and score a hat trick every time out. I know I have the capability to do so, but that's not what is being asked of me right now so I am not too worried about it. I think that question would be better asked to the coaching staff, honestly I would like to know their answer too.

Q: Are there any professional teams you could see yourself playing for when you enter the VHL Draft next season?

I will be happy playing with whoever drafts me. I don't have any preferences at this point, and the only thing I ask is that whoever drafts me gives me a fair shot to compete for playing time. I know I have the ability and the potential to become a first line winger in this league and put up 50+ goals every season. I just need the opportunity to do so.

Q: If you absolutely had to choose a VHL team to play for, who would it be?

If I had to choose, it would be pretty sweet to go to Chicago and play for the Phoenix. I know they are down on their luck this year, but I've always had a dream of playing for a Chicago franchise since my favorite NHL team is the Chicago Blackhawks.

Q: How about if you had to chose a European team?

Definitely Warsaw. I think the Warsaw Predators is a badass team. I do hate the Nashville Predators, but the Warsaw Predators just rolls off the tongue. Playing in Poland would be awesome too, I've never been to Poland but it seems like a great time and I think I would fit in very well with the people there.

• 2 weeks later...

8.5/10

The structure is clean. The article is easy to read. I like the questions and answers, but perhaps some kind of introduction for the whole situation would have given the article more of an interview vibe, now it's just questions and answers in a row.  Same with the ending. Now it feels like the interview ended abruptly. A picture could be cool too. Nice article still!