Analysis of VHLA2 Africa Conference Part 3: Tanzania and Madagascar + Announcement

Will3

I have enjoyed my time criss-crossing the African continent placing ice hockey team in some surprising place. The locations have been spectacular and the people have been interested in the crazy religion/sport I love. I will extend my love by adding two more teams  to my fictional league with name suggestions by 16z. Let us see where love can take us.

Within the African Great Lakes region of West Africa, Tanzania is a land perfect for adventurous travelers like us.The second most populous country located entirely south of the Equator has wonderful cities like the capital city Dodoma and Dar es Salaam, the former capital, and the country's largest city, principal port, leading commercial centre, and probable home of any ice hockey team. But it is the natural wonders that bring in tourists. You have the Zanzibar Archipelago just off the coast, three of Africa's Great Lakes around you and Mount Kilimanjaro in the northeast part. There are also a great many national parks including Serengeti National Park, the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Tarangire National Park and Lake Manyara National Park. It is within these nature preserves that you find the creature serving as the inspiration behind the choosen  team name, which is the Tanzania Wild Dogs. The endangered African wild dog is the largest wild canine in Africa. They can have a diverse color coat with some tending to be predominantly black with small white and yellow patches, while others are more brightly coloured, sporting a mix of brown, black and white coats. Not only have African wild dogs had to deal with natural enemies like lions and hyenas, but they also had other problems like habitat fragmentation, human persecution, and outbreaks of disease. Perhaps the attention of being a part of a team name can help save these creatures from extinction. This creature does provide a diverse color palate to use with brown, black and yellow being the most interesting combination.

Now we move across the Mozambique Channel to the fourth-largest island in the world the and second-largest island country, Madagascar. It currently has a population of about 28 million people with with Antananarivo being the capital, largest city, and likely center of ice hockey activities. The island is a biodiversity hotspot with over 90% of its wildlife is found nowhere else on Earth. Within this biodiversity is the inspiration for the Madagascar Stripes. Can you find it? Although it is not obvious, the animal friend we are looking for is likely a lemur, more specifically the most widely recognized lemur, the ring tailed lemur.The ring-tailed lemur has an average weight is 2.2 kilograms or 4.9 lb, a head–body length between 39 and 46 cm or 15 and 18 in, and a tail length between 56 and 63 cm or 22 and 25 in. The chest coat and throat are white or cream with the back coat varying in color from gray to rosy-brown. The tail features alternating rings of black and and white and are likely where the team names comes from. Sadly, the ring-tailed lemur is listed as endangered due to habitat destruction and hunting for bushmeat and the exotic pet trade. I hope that lemurs xan be left to live free and in the wild where they belong. It is creative to have a team name that isn't overly animal based and while the colors of grey, black, and white may be basic, it could work.

I hope you have enjoyed our African adventure as much I have. There is one more location to visit that will be covered in a supplemental article later this week. Consider it a Christmas present from me to you. This supplemental article will complete the Africa Conference. It will also be the last article I write in 2021. I will be taking off next week because the week after that, I am going on vacation in real life. Thanks to everyone who has loved this series. Your love have meant the world to me. I will return with the Arabia Conference in 2022. Happy Holidays to all you wonderful people wherever you are. 

Edited by Will3