Armani Newspaper Interview

WildfireMicro

This an interview of Armani Calamari for the Toronto Sporta Newspaper, written by Dale Miller:

When I went to Armani's new house after asking his permission to enter his home, I see not only his own hockey history on the wall but a lot of Legion history as well. This definitely shows that Armani was definitely a Legion fan before he was drafted. The item that shows this the most is several well-worn jerseys hanging up on coat racks around his man cave. A lot of these are from years ago, with the oldest being 14 years old. Armani greeted me once he got downstairs with a hand shake and I began to ask him questions, with the first one being: how long has he been a Legion fan?

"All my life really" Armani answered with a smile "growing up in Toronto Canada you definitely become a fan pretty quickly, and my dad was sure to make me become one."

His father definitely sounded like a loyal Toronto fan then. We have definitely have seen John Calamari at a lot of his son's home games and even a few of his away games. Speaking of which, we decided to ask him if he ever felt embarrassed by his dad cheering him in so many times at games:

"Absolutely not!" Armani says, looking a bit surprised "Well maybe when I was a teen in my high school games, but not now. I can always count on him being in a seat real close to the team penalty box so he can tell me how I can improve while I am in there. It also makes the anxiety of being in there worth it!"

Armani is indeed very lucky to have such a good relationship with his father. There are a lot of people around who may not have the luxury of being close to family, and a lot of athletes have family members who try to get close to them for money. We then decided to ask if John or any other family member asks Armani for money or favors:

"Not my dad I can tell you that!" Armani laughs "my dad hates asking for help and is a bit of a stubborn one. This includes asking for directions, at least in Toronto. He says that he knows the city inside and out. He will ask for directions if he is a city he is not familiar with however, like when he got lost in Philadelphia that one time. The stadium was on one side of the city and he was all the way on the other side! He did make it to the game however."

It does sound like John can be a bit stubborn, but honestly so can I. Just ask my wife! Anyways, we then decided to wrap up the short interview by asking Armani what he thinks about the Toronto Legion's hot streak as of late:

"I think it's amazing, especially since we came into the season with very little expectations. I am aware that we are probably not ready for a major cup run, at least in this season, so I am trying to temper any major expectations I get. I am excited though, as we can only get better as we go."

Indeed Armani indeed. After that i let Armani go and thanked him for yet another great interview, and that is where I will end this article.