Watchmen barely miss the playoffs

FrostBeard

Bratislava misses the playoffs with a wonderful record and a strong team. 

Sadly, it happened, surely not the way I envisioned the end of this season but I guess it is what it is. We fought hard and maintained a competitive team throughout the season and I plan to do the same in the future with Watchmen squad. I want us to be as competitive and able to win games as we can be without really rebuilding our roster. With the draft situation and the amount of teams ready to compete each season, I assume there is always going to be a spot for a true wildcard team that can sneak in, sadly, this season it just didn't happen. 

With the record of 43-24-5 we were the fifth strongest team in the VHLE. In my mind, of course, we were clearly the best team in the league and I am still gonna think that way no matter what. We had some amazing talent on the team - Cadmael, Godlander, Baard, Chiester IX and so many more. I am sure that some of the current roster names will be with us next season too but at least those 4 are going to be joining their VHL teams and keeping the Bratislava Watchmen pride going on the big stage. After all, that is our goal in VHLE, to be a stepping stone for players to VHL. 

I am quit excited for the offseason already, want to see what the draft will bring us and what will our team be able to achieve next season, as always, I have high hopes for our team, considering that I have lost only my 4th round pick in the draft after S82. I am equally excited to see our prospects making it to VHLE and getting that VHL type of experience. 

In any case, there is a lot to look forward to, even with the sad ending of this season. 

13 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

Cadmael is a beast for sure. Always has been.

The only thing harder than playing against him, is trying to pronounce his name.😅

13 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

I am quit excited for the offseason already, want to see what the draft will bring us and what will our team be able to achieve next season, as always, I have high hopes for our team, considering that I have lost only my 4th round pick in the draft after S82. I am equally excited to see our prospects making it to VHLE and getting that VHL type of experience. 

Going out with a record that good is always rough. But as you said, the draft looks really promising. With plenty of goalies and Dmen at the top who could be massive difference makers in replacing what was lost. As well as some very promising looking mid-late round steals that are looking to prove themselves in the JST sooner rather than later.