Rookie Report - Jay Sauce

ToooSaucey

Covid lockdowns aren't the only thing that were stopped this 2021... There was also plenty of pucks stopped, and many of those are curtesy of rookie goaltender Jay Sauce.

Jay made his VHLm debut this season with the Saskatoon Wild, starting off hot with 6-3-1 record. With minimal training and experience, it was a surprise to many, but not Sauce. The young man was cool, collect, and composed - and after achieving his first win, it was on to the next. Jay surprised many, saving 28 of 30 shots, and getting the win over the east coast's finest, Halifax 21st. 

After wins in the next 2 games, Jay felt like he was making a mark on the league. That was until he faced what many would say was his "first real competition". This came in the form of San Diego, and boy, they taught Jay a lesson. 4 goals on the first 5 shots he faced, fans screaming for a goalie change, and a kid was second guessing all his dreams. But that hesitation didn't last long, and although the Wild ended up loosing 5-2 after an empty netter, Jay was solid. After being comparable to the likes of sifter, Jay sealed off the net from post to post saving the next 20 shots. After the game, ESPN reached out and Jay had this to say:

Confidence is a major part of this game, especially when you're in the crease. Keeping a mindset that's hungry for success was a major thing that played a big part of me making it to the VHLm, so at intermission I just needed to remind myself of that drive. That hunger. That attitude to be the best version of myself. For my team, my coaches, the fans - but also for myself.

Two days later, Jay was watching the scoreboard run out during his first shutout of the season, a game in which he saved all 26 shots. Sauce threw on the headset for his post-game interview and had this to say;

26 shots? Me and the fella's better go celebrate with 26 tequila shots! There's a cute dancer at the strip club down the road. I'm gonna make sure she's apart of those 26 tequilas. Coach is coming too, you better believe that! 

That mindset continued during, and after the season. Sauce has put in WORK prior to the Junior Showcase Tournament, and wants the scouts to know he's hungry for that success. Sauce has already risen dramatically through the draft boards for S82. 

It's not just on the ice either. Team Clue just unveiled a new logo, and new uniforms, personally designed by Sauce at the Adidas headquarters.

After the season concluded with an unfortunate playoff sweep by the Aces, Jay has been invited to participate in the Junior Showcase Tournament, and is confident in Team Clue throughout it. After rising almost 30TPE in just before the start, we're confident in his abilities as well. 

There's no way she'll turn you down now Jay... You're gonna be star. 

Edited by ToooSaucey
198 to 510 words... Had to put in that work