Goalie Controversy in Helsinki?

CowboyinAmerica

Helsinki -- Through the first five games of the Lottery Tournament, the Helsinki Titans have been performing better than perhaps expected. They've come down with a perfect 5-0 record to start off, leading the pack by 3 points, and have pulled out a bunch of close games given their +7 overall goal differential.

That success, though, has come with some surprises. Namely, the team has shelved starting goalie Xavier Booberry during the tourney for back-up and long-time Titan Trent Gibson, who promptly led the team to that 5-0 record.

"It's nice to see him play well, but could I be playing even better? Who knows?" Booberry said when asked about the streak by the media. "It's hard to be any better than a perfect record though, so props to him."

When asked about the goalie switch, team management said it was likely due to Gibson playing out the final games of the team's regular season, and the team's depth chart staying the same after that point. There's rumblings that Helsinki will put Booberry in net for the next set of games - but if he's less than perfect, one might expect some fans to start grumbling.

"It's a tough bar to reach, and I know these fans love Gibson for everything he did for them recently," Booberry added. "I'll try my best, and that's all I can do. We have a tournament (for better lottery odds) to win."