Saku Says He'll Improve

DollarAndADream

The Calgary Wranglers are 6-4-2, 12 games into the season, which is more or less .500 hockey. For a team on paper like theirs, they will surely get better and start stringing some wins together. They have 46 goals for and 40 goals against.

One player that wants to do better is centre Saku Kotkakoivu. He currently has 9 points in 12 games, with 2 of those being goals. The only stat he currently is on the leaderboard for right now is penalty minutes. He is 2nd in the VHL with 38 PIMs, and that's already more than his entire rookie season. Included in those penalty minutes however, is a game misconduct a couple games ago against the Seattle Bears, where he got ejected for head butting.

"All you saw was the headbutt, so you don't know the full story. I'm not going to say what happened out there on the ice, but words were said, and dirty plays happened. I let my anger out and got sent out of the game. Seattle obviously got the upper hand there, and then they won the game with those powerplay goals and me out of the lineup. I will be better in the future. We won the very next game against Seattle, so we got our payback for sure, but we need to stay consistent and keep winning." - Saku Kotkakoivu