Nasherov interview

Vat

Nasherov interview

Your hot start to the season has seized, what's the matter to that?

I'm just not in my flow anymore, if anything I'm unlucky. Once you start playing 1 or maybe 2 games where you don't perform too well you start to bring that over into the next games, that's the matter for me. I was a little shaky and now I'm off my course for greatness. That doesn't mean that I will play like this for the whole season. All I need to do is to pick up my pace and try to forget the last couple of matches. If I can do that then I will be able to perform at the level I was playing at in the beginning of the season, maybe even better. The team has also had some unlucky games the last couple of days, close matches where we lost in ot or just a bad match in general but to fix that we only need to do one thing. We need to forget about those games and move on. If we do that then I can imagine nothing else than getting on that winning track again, and resuming to beating team after team, because I am pretty certain that we can defeat any team in the league if we play like we should, but we need to play as we should. If not then we won't stand as much of a chance.

What do you want out of yourself and the team at the end of the season?

Team wise I am pretty sure you know what we want to achieve. The cup. We have the team to do it and I believe we can. With last season's exit in game 7 of the semi finals against the eventual champions we are more pumped than ever to try to go the whole way and win it all, I want to do it, my linemates are pumped. Everyone is pumped. With such a mentality I believe that we can win it all. All we need to do is stay humble. The last thing we want is for everyone to be too pumped for the playoffs and exit too early, we need to be pumped but not too pumped if that makes sense. For personal goals it is the same as usual, to become better and better for as long as possible. At the start of the season it looked like I was about to set another personal record but now I'm in a bit of a hump. But all great athletes should be able to get out of such a hump and finish the season on top. Doing such a thing is far harder than anyone can expect, because once it starts going downhill it's hard to stop it. Some might argue that it is one of the hardest things in sports to overcome and I agree.

Alrighty Nasherov thank you for answering my question, bye bye!

Bye have a great time!