The Ducky Interviews featuring Landon Wolanin Episode 5

jacobcarson877

Welcome back everyone to a new Episode of the Ducky Interviews, featuring the one and only Landon Wolanin! Here on the podcast, we aim to connect you, listener, to your favorite players. They may not always seem like it, but they’ve always got something interesting to say!

Landon, you’ve been doing rather well it seems since we last talked to you. What is the key to your prolific scoring streak? By our count, you’ve scored at least a point in your past 27 games.

Has it really been that long? Wow. Honestly, I just go out every game and try to capitalize on whatever chances I can get. I’ve been trying to play with as many of my teammates in as many circumstances as I can. This has really helped me feel comfortable and rely on my play processing, and let my body do its work. Sometimes that means just generating shots and test our opponent’s goaltender, and sometimes that means making smart passes to open space.

San Diego hasn’t been scoring points in the standings anywhere near the same rate as you are. What’s been going wrong?

I wouldn’t say anything is wrong in all honesty. Our goal this season is to be competitive in each game, not the standings. Our team isn’t built to win a championship yet. It’s all part of the process. Really its rare a game goes poorly for us because we either win and feel good, or we lose and shoot for a better draft in the off-season. As long as we’re all growing and developing, and generating offense, we’re happy.

Some are saying the captaincy in San Diego is cursed, considering both of the players named Captain this season have been moved elsewhere. Are you vying for the captaincy, or are you wary of the curse?

That’s actually really funny. I don’t think any of us on the team have seen it that way. Both of our Captains this season have been important players who will be working towards the VHLE next season. I think it’s a real honor to say that someone is viewed as Captain material, and teams across the league have recognized their value as well by acquiring them. I haven’t even thought about another Captain this season, let alone myself. I think all any of us are worried about is playing good hockey and growing together. We don’t need the role of Captain filled to have that success. If management wants to give someone that honor, I don’t think there’s a bad choice in the room. I wouldn’t be surprised if they approach that again next season, but for now there’s no rush. I don’t think it’s a curse though.

Well thank you as always Landon for giving us some insight into your life as a player in the VHLM, and a member of San Diego. Best of luck in the upcoming week and we hope to have another exciting interview for everyone next week! Stay safe and watch lots of hockey!

500 and some odd words Claiming week of Feb 27th

Edited by jacobcarson877