Comments From Saku

DollarAndADream

Over the course of the season so far, the Calgary Wranglers have not been blowing anyone away, but they have definitely been a great team. With a 22-11-7 record, they have 51 points and hold down the 3rd spot in the North American Conference. Both VHL conferences are very competitive this season, and this shows in North America where Calgary is in 3rd, but only 6 points out of 5th. The Vancouver Wolves have separated themselves at the top with 66 points.

One player on the Wranglers is wishing he could put a little bit more on the table, and that's centerman Saku Kotkakoivu. Saku has 10 goals and 27 assists, totaling 37 points in 40 games this season. He also adds onto that with 95 hits, showing a physical side to his game this season. 37 points isn't horrible by any means, but it's not anywhere close to where Saku wants to be at this point in this sophomore season.

"I think that I can bring a lot more to the table. The most important thing for me is the wins and not the individual success, but I definitely can be doing a lot more. 37 in 40 just isn't cutting it. That's not even a point per game. Other players in my draft class and players at my age are putting up far better numbers, and I want to get to that point." - Saku Kotkakoivu