First Generation Player attempts to make a VHL Dream Team

badcolethetitan

First Generation Player attempts to make a VHL Dream Team

BuffaloAcesLogo.png

**DISCLAIMER: I just want to start this out by saying I am a First Generation Player and have yet to play in VHLE/VHL, so I might be missing out on some amazing players and I apologize, this is the best I could do.**

Team Name: Buffalo Aces

Reasoning: My favorite team is the Buffalo Sabres in the NHL and I am hard coping with hoping that this team would bring me a championship so that I can feel good about a Buffalo team.

Forwards:

Scott Boulet (Class of S7 HoF VHL)-Leeroy Jenkins (Class of S31 HoF VHL)-Christian Stolzchsweiger (Class of S9 HoF VHL)

Tukka Reikkinen (Class of S28 HoF VHL)-Alex McNeil (Class of S7 HoF VHL)-Xin Xie Xiao (Class of S44 HoF VHL)

Dan Dan (Current player for The Los Angeles Stars)-Franchise Cornerstone (Class of S61 HoF VHL)-Diana Maxwell (Class of S58 HoF VHL)

Ansgar Snijider (Class of S38 HoF VHL)-Wesley Kellinger (Class of S79 HoF VHL)-Dust'n Funk (Class of S16 HoF VHL)

Reasoning: I'm not going into depth on every single player, but I'll talk about the positions and why I chose a couple of players. First off, I want to talk about Wesley Kellinger who had an exceptional career on an expansion team and was a great team player. Wesley sacrificed winning and having an award studded career for instead electing to play on newer teams and trying to take them to glory, which he was able to do twice in his career. I think to have this player on my team would be exceptional, because he would help lead my team to success, as he's done it many times with newer faces. For the Left Wing, I want to talk about Scott Boulet and why I ended up choosing him. Scott Boulet put up an impressive 100 points every single season he played, which is absolutely insane for a player. On top of that, he has so many awards I'd be here forever trying to type them all out, so he's a no-brainer for my team. Despite putting up insane numbers, he was an exceptional defensive player and that is exactly the type of player I want on my team. Last, for Right Wing a player I want to point out is Dust'n Funk and why I picked him, especially to slide on that line. Dust'n Funk was a leader in the time he played and an exceptional team player, and I think on teams, you don't always need the highest goal scorers, or the best player, you need a leader in the locker room and he will for sure be a leader for my team. It was a no-brainer to put him with Wesley Kellinger who also had very good success on newer teams and I think with these two on my team, we would be a great team.

Defense:

Petr Shirokov (Class of S5 HoF VHL)-Sterling Labatte (Class of S10 HoF VHL)

Daniel Braxton (Class of S32 HoF VHL)-Adam Schultz (Class of S31 HoF VHL)

Phil Hamilton (Class of S55 HoF VHL)-Battre Sandstrom (Current player for The Riga Reign)

Mason Richardson (Class of S50 HoF VHL)-Condor Adrienne (Class of S76 HoF VHL)

Reasoning: I'll only be talking about one or two players on why I chose them for the team for this one. I want to talk about Petr Shirokov and Sterling Labatte, the first pairing for my team. Both of these players ended up playing earlier on in VHL and both were some of the best defenseman the VHL has ever seen, hence why they are on my first line. These players would be exceptional leaders and would help teach the ropes to the rest of the newer players on my team, while also dominating on the ice and backing our blue line. 

Goaltending:

Matthew Pogge (Class of S5 HoF VHL)

Rayz Funk (Class of S75 HoF VHL)

Reasoning: Alright, so I don't know either of these players, however I wanted to go with a Veteran of VHL, someone that has been around forever since the beginning of VHL and I was able to find Matthew Pogge. I chose Matthew Pogge as my starter because of his resume, which is absolutely insane for a goaltender, winning the first ever Continental Cup in S1, winning the European Champion Cup, Playoff MVP, Best Goalie, and European Conference All-Star in his first season. This alone enough could be my reasoning why he is my starter, but that doesn't even count what he did for the rest of his career, being an allstar every single season and even making it onto Team Switzerland. This player is an absolute beast of a goaltender and in my eyes, is the best possible starter available. I ended up choosing Rayz Funk as my backup, because just like Matthew Pogge, he had an amazing career with many awards to his name. He ended up winning rookie of the year, and won four Continental Cups with the Seattle Bears. On top of that, he is a more recent player in the HoF, so I thought it would be cool to mix the old hall of fame players with the new, hence why I chose Rayz Funk as my backup goaltender.

I spent a super long time trying to figure out who I wanted on the team and also trying to pick some newer faces with older faces, so I hope you enjoy the read!

Edited by badcolethetitan