My dream team

hedgehog337

Oh boy a theme week about the dream lineup. I'm wondering how much old player we will see this well in dream teams. I bet most of them are contemporary S65 and beyond players. Anyways. Without further ado, here is my dream team.

RW - Randoms

You really thought I'm going to choose any other players for my dream team? Hell to the NAW. This article is only about me and my players. And for real, why not. Moscow's version of Randoms was actually a pretty good two way forward in the dead puck era. He claimed the Boulet trophy twice and also was the best goal scorer in his last season. I would even go further and say his later career was almost HoF worthy. There was probably a chance for that, but me playing with his attributes randomly for no reason whatsoever put these talks to sleep. Still, a good forward who will fit into my dream team perfectly.

LW - Benjamin Zeptenbergs

My first ever player in this league. Was a slow burner, but eventually the 14th overall appeared to be a decent steal I'd say. His stats never blew anyone out of their minds, but I think he went over PPG for couple of seasons, mostly the later ones. Also, he knows how it is to be a part of a dynasty. Well, Randoms did win one championship too, but Zep's two with Toronto are certainly offsetting my more recent winger's trophy case. The only problem is he never won any personal awards, but who cares. His winner mentality is enough to be in my dream team.

C - Fredinamijs Krīgars

Well, you can say nothing about this choice cause he went to the HoF. Is also considered among 75 best VHL players of all time. His connection with John Locke was a match made in heaven. However, people are forgetting about the fact that even before that game changing trade with Davos the Nereta native was already a force to be reckon with. He popped off a season before with 119 points and was pretty much the main reason why a 300 TPE inactive managed to post his career best numbers. So yes, bringing up Locke proved to be a championship move, but don't sleep on Fred. He was legit.

D - Guntis Petenis

Perhaps a particlular GM still has a minor PTSD everytime when this player is metioned. I really tried to ignore a scoring early in his career which stopped Seattle from elevating even further in early 50's. However, the trade to Riga and the update scale change which was followed by the free TPE reroll changed everything. This was actually my only somewhat meta player to this day as I still ignored passing, but did put some into scoring. As the result he swept the most important awards in his time in Riga and then repeating the Labatte win a season later. Indeed, he appeared to be one of the best defensemans in the league in his prime and is certainly gonna be the welcomed addition to my dream team.

D - Gaidis Olnīca

Uhhh....have you ever seen him play in VHL? Me neither. He was not even supposed to be here, but you know who will be in this lineup? My potential recreate if the same themed theme week will pop off in couple of seasons. As for this one...BOT D? Olnīca? Even Klam? In fairness, maybe there was a chance Gaidis could've had a good career. I just had to retire him to make an emergency player for Riga needs....

G - Kallis Kriketers

....speaking of which. The emergency creation for Riga needs. As our previous goaltending hope went inactive rather quickly, I had to create Kallis so Riga wouldn't be empty at the net. Fast forward to the end of S70, he turned to be a fine player. Was complaining about him a lot cause I was a dumbass that couldn't even bother to change settings in lineup hence he was being pulled out a lot. Anyways, he hit a jackpot in S69 with the elite goaltending stats with the ultimate dead puck Riga (pretty much the prime definition of that era). If only he could've been a consistent player in finals shaking my head. Anyways, as of like S80 he is the 33rd best player in the history of this league. I guess that's cool.

Alright, that's enough. That's it and I'm out.