Obi's VHL Dream Team

atw2592

Before I get into it, here's a little bit of my thought process behind my VHL Dream Team. I really wanted to pick a team of current players who I thought would be a dream to play with when I graduate to the VHL. It might be another season or two before I am up there and some of these guys might be gone, but as of now, here is who I'd love to share the ice with.

Center:
Taro Tsujimoto - Seattle Bears
This guy is a scoring machine. He is second in the league in points scored with 89, and is having the best season of his career so far. The move from Davos to Seattle has really paid off and it would be an honor to be on the wing with this guy manning the face-off dot.

Left Wing:
Jerome Reinhart - Vancouver Wolves
I drafted this guy with the first pick in my VHL Fantasy Draft, and it has been awesome watching him tear it up all season long. He is the staple of the offense and our main scorer while Taro wins face-offs and distributes out the assists. Jerome can do it all, but would be mainly relied on for his scoring. Although he has more assists than goals this season, his 99 scoring should be taken advantage of much more than it is currently.

Right Wing:
Obi Adesanya - Riga Reign
While I am not a VHL player as of yet, I couldn't not be a part of my own dream team. I am a nature Left Wing, but would switch over to the right side so Reinhart would be able to excel at his natural position. I would love to share a line with these other guys and help dominate the rest of the league. Once my scoring and defensive attributes are maxed out, I will be able to contribute in those areas and take some of the burden off Tsujimoto and Reinhart. These are also two guys of whom I will be building my player up to be, as I love the builds of both Jerome and Taro.

Left Defense:
Robin Galante Nilsson - Vancouver Wolves
The second Vancouver player on this dream team, I think Robin's knowledge of the game will be key to this team having success. He knows how to work with Jerome as well. We have to have a leader on defense who can keep the puck moving, and Nilsson will do just that.

Right Defense:
Battre Sandstrom - Riga Reign
I am getting a chubby just thinking about this defensive pairing. Sandstrom can bring the pain, racking up over 1000 hits in his career to go along with 384 assists playing for a Riga squad who is glued together with the sand man. Battre stands 6'8 and will protect the forwards when some asshole inevitably tries to take out our knees. I'd like to see someone try to mess with him, it would not end well.

Goaltender:
Tater Tot: - Warsaw Predators
Man, can this guy save some pucks. He hasn't had the luxury of playing on a good team, but he should have a lot more relaxation time with these guys playing in front of him. Tot has had a lot of experience saving a ton of shots and deserves to be given a break. He has a 4.02 GGA for his career, which would drop severely if he were to play with these studs for a season.