Traveling History with William Groves Part 6: Staying in Stockholm

Will3

So this is the six parts of this trave/ history blog. My how time has flow by. We have hit the midpoint of the VHLE season and things are looking good both for the Watch and myself. After spending time in the Swedish countryside last article, it is only fitting that we transition to the big capital city, especially since the international airport the team flies in and out of serves both cities. There are many things to do in Stockholm. Here are some of my personal favorites. Gamla Stan or Old Town is a lovely district full of colorful buildings and an authentic feel. The Christmas Market that pops up in the winter is so magical that I usually pick up something to send back home to the family. The Royal Palace is also nearby and seeing the changing of the guard and taking the tour of the home of the King of Sweden are both recommended. The island of Djurgarden is my favorite place to chill in Stockholm. As part of the Royal National City Park, there is plenty of green space for a relaxing time. The island is also home to some great museums like the one dedicated to the 15th century battleship Vasa and the band ABBA. The exclusive district of Ostermalm is a great pace to shop, dine and connect with Vikings. If your looking for a breathtaking view of Stockholm, taking the SkyView up the Ericsson Globe is a must. The view up there is amazing and hammers home how great a city Stockholm is to visit.